Nexxus Emergencee

gemruby41

Has anyone used this new version? It says it can be used weekly. I thought Nexxus Emergencee was a hard protein like the Aphogee 2 step treatment.

Attachments

• NEXXUS.jpg
    NEXXUS.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 49

Prudent1

@gemruby41 ,
IMO it was a re-constructor not a hard protein like Aphogee. I do use it weekly (still have 1 bottle left) when I have color in my hair. I have not compared the ingredients of the previous bottle with this one but am interested to know if anyone here has already tried this? This used to be a staple product but now I'm concerned they may have messed it up.

CodeRed

Has anyone used this new version? It says it can be used weekly. I thought Nexxus Emergencee was a hard protein like the Aphogee 2 step treatment.

I've not used it but a long time ago (about a decade ago) when I used to use it it made my hair super hard like it was supposed to. I used to use it with the first wash post relaxer. I couldn't imagine using that every week and I believe the instructions said once a month or something like that. They definitely did something different to it if you can use it once a week now.

gemruby41

I used half a tube on Saturday. I shampooed first, then I used it and left it on for 20 minutes without a shower cap. My hair felt a little rough when rinsing it out. I shampooed again with the corresponding shampoo like the directions said. Then I mixed some honey with the Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner and left it on for 3 minutes. My hair was really soft while rinsing and after. I applied leave ins and roller set. My hair felt very soft and smooth after removing the rollers.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I haven't tried the new formula, but the one I have can be used every 2 weeks I think. It makes my hair behave. I get softness, strength and slip after each treatment.

Honey Bee

I've been using Emergencee since my days at the Dominican salon. This new version seems suspect to me. :look: I've since purchased Nexxus Polymedic Reconstructor and I'm pleased. Neither make my hair hard any more, though. I don't know what they did but they messed it up. When I need super-strong protein, I reach for Aphogee 2 step (minus the second step, of course, they play too much :lol:).

LdyKamz

I used the one posted in the OP and it's a hard protein for me. That one is on an as needed basis for me. I use the conditioner (step 2 in that line) as a light protein weekly and it works well for me. Never tried any of the old formulas.

I was going to try the polymedic but I couldn't find it anywhere but amazon and was afraid of buying the wrong thing. Apparently it's a "salon brand". I called Nexxus asking where I could buy it and the woman never heard of it. I had to email her a picture and that's when she found out it was a salon brand and only sold in select areas ( and Amazon of course lol).

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I used the one posted in the OP and it's a hard protein for me. That one is on an as needed basis for me. I use the conditioner (step 2 in that line) as a light protein weekly and it works well for me. Never tried any of the old formulas.

I was going to try the polymedic but I couldn't find it anywhere but amazon and was afraid of buying the wrong thing. Apparently it's a "salon brand". I called Nexxus asking where I could buy it and the woman never heard of it. I had to email her a picture and that's when she found out it was a salon brand and only sold in select areas ( and Amazon of course lol).

Lol I get my polymedic at black beauty supply places like Elegant Beauty.

gemruby41

How are you using the Emergencee conditioner?

LdyKamz

How are you using the Emergencee conditioner?
I use the conditioner every week. At first I would shampoo, use the conditioner leave it on for a few minutes, rinse then deep condition.

Now, I mix it into my deep conditioner and either sit under the dryer for 15 or put on a plastic cap for an hour. I get much better results like this. My hair is soft, shiny, with lots of slip. And it's an easy way to keep my moisture protein balance.

Today I'm using the reconstructor because I've been shedding more than usual with a little bit of breakage too. I haven't used it in 3 months.

gemruby41

I use the conditioner every week. At first I would shampoo, use the conditioner leave it on for a few minutes, rinse then deep condition.

Now, I mix it into my deep conditioner and either sit under the dryer for 15 or put on a plastic cap for an hour. I get much better results like this. My hair is soft, shiny, with lots of slip. And it's an easy way to keep my moisture protein balance.

Today I'm using the reconstructor because I've been shedding more than usual with a little bit of breakage too. I haven't used it in 3 months.
How long do you leave the Reconstructor on? I wonder if I could mix it into a deep conditioner.

LdyKamz

How long do you leave the Reconstructor on? I wonder if I could mix it into a deep conditioner.
I only twice before this and I kept it on for a long time. It took a while to get my hair back to normal. Today I'm going to try it as the directions say. I'll come back after and let you know what steps I used and how my hair feels.

gemruby41

I only twice before this and I kept it on for a long time. It took a while to get my hair back to normal. Today I'm going to try it as the directions say. I'll come back after and let you know what steps I used and how my hair feels.
Ok, thanks for your input. I'm also going to try it today. I will mix it with Kenra Moisturizing conditioner. I'll give you my feedback.

LdyKamz

Ok, thanks for your input. I'm also going to try it today. I will mix it with Kenra Moisturizing conditioner. I'll give you my feedback.
So you're mixing the reconstructor in the little tube with the DC? How lond do you usually DC?

I'm too scared to so that because I DC for a long time and saw the way it did my hair before on it's own. Let me know how your hair feels after.

gemruby41

So you're mixing the reconstructor in the little tube with the DC? How lond do you usually DC?

I'm too scared to so that because I DC for a long time and saw the way it did my hair before on it's own. Let me know how your hair feels after.
I will use heat for 15 minutes. I'm mixing it up now.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I used both the old version and this version and I LOVE this one and I don't really remember much about the old one. I clarify first, apply enough to saturate my hair (a little more than half a tube) and leave it on at least 30 minutes uncovered. Rinse and then DC with a moisturizing DC with steam. My hair loves the new Nexxus.

gemruby41

Hair is done, and it came out great. I mixed the reconstructor with the Kenra conditioner. I added some oils to it. I deep conditioned with heat for 15 minutes. I shampooed after and use regular rinse out conditioner for about 2 minutes. Then I applied my leave ins, and dried under the hooded dryer. My hair feels great. It has weight to it and feels soft and smooth.

gemruby41

I used both the old version and this version and I LOVE this one and I don't really remember much about the old one. I clarify first, apply enough to saturate my hair (a little more than half a tube) and leave it on at least 30 minutes uncovered. Rinse and then DC with a moisturizing DC with steam. My hair loves the new Nexxus.
I used it your way last time and it was good also. Mixing it with conditioner and using it alone works for me. How often do you think this can be used?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I used it your way last time and it was good also. Mixing it with conditioner and using it alone works for me. How often do you think this can be used?
I have done it weekly with no adverse affects. Since it's not Aphogee-level, I'd recommend listening to your hair. I've never tried mixing with condish. What condish do you use?

LdyKamz

Oh good so glad it worked for you.

I'm finished too. Used it differently this time. Shampooed, added the reconstructor let it sit for 5 minutes like the directions say. I wanted to use it longer but thought I would see how this works. Rinsed it out, shampooed again then used Nexxus conditioner let that sit for 5 minutes then dc'd like normal.

My hair is very soft and after I rinsed for the last time I didn't lose any hair. This has seemingly stopped my shedding and breakage in its tracks. Might use it again next week to male sure the breakage is gone for real.

Kindheart

I have done it weekly with no adverse affects. Since it's not Aphogee-level, I'd recommend listening to your hair. I've never tried mixing with condish. What condish do you use?
Is Aphogee stronger ? Are you referring to the 2 minutes conditioner or the 2 steps treatment ?

gemruby41

I'm finished too. Used it differently this time. Shampooed, added the reconstructor let it sit for 5 minutes like the directions say. I wanted to use it longer but thought I would see how this works. Rinsed it out, shampooed again then used Nexxus conditioner let that sit for 5 minutes then dc'd like normal.

My hair is very soft and after I rinsed for the last time I didn't lose any hair. This has seemingly stopped my shedding and breakage in its tracks. Might use it again next week to male sure the breakage is gone for real.
Great that it worked out better than last time for you. I'm going to use it again in two weeks.

gemruby41

Which Nexxus conditioner did you use after using the Reconstructor?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm overdue for an Emergencee treatment. I always wait until it's too late (breakage, stretchy hair). Next wash day I will do a treatment and follow up with my Kerastase Lait vital sample conditioner.

LdyKamz

Which Nexxus conditioner did you use after using the Reconstructor?
I used Aussie Moist 3 minute Miracle. I usually mix the Aussie and the Nexxus conditioner together but wanted to separate them this time and use as the directions said.

I can't wait until my Joico gets here. I'm about to try the Max Hydration method and I plan on using "unapproved" conditioners because I just found out my hair isn't low po like I thought.

gemruby41

I used Aussie Moist 3 minute Miracle. I usually mix the Aussie and the Nexxus conditioner together but wanted to separate them this time and use as the directions said.

I can't wait until my Joico gets here. I'm about to try the Max Hydration method and I plan on using "unapproved" conditioners because I just found out my hair isn't low po like I thought.
The only Joico my hair likes is the Moisture recovery line. The Kpak line is too much protein for my hair. Komaza told me that I have high porosity hair.