Nexxus Emergencee

Jada

I can't tell you how shocked I was. I went onto the Nexxus website last night & was looking for information regarding Emergencee and the product information suggested that emergencee not be used on relaxed hair...Did anyone else here know this?

Radianthealth

I thought it said the opposite, maybe something about not using it directly before a chemical treatment, I have to go home and check my bottle.

Either way it is one of my favorite protein conditioners and I am most likely going to continue to use it.

KathyMay

Interesting I am going to check this out... I wonder if they mean just relaxed hair because I am realxed and Emergence stops any shedding that I might have.

Jada

I always thought that it was supposed to be used for any type of hair including relaxed...but it says right on their website that it is not recommended for relaxed hair.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I know on the bottle it says that it's not supposed to be used with a relaxer, but I always thought it just meant don't use it when you are getting a relaxer. I'm transitioning and still plan to use it though.

Royal Glory

Jada said:
I can't tell you how shocked I was. I went onto the Nexxus website last night & was looking for information regarding Emergencee and the product information suggested that emergencee not be used on relaxed hair...Did anyone else here know this?

I understood it to mean that it shouldn't be used "in preparation" for a relaxer treatment. I think it can be used in preparation for a color treatment, but not relaxing. I think that is what the bottle says.

I use it every two to three weeks and it works great. Let me know if I wrong.

LocksOfLuV

It says it's not supposed to be used DURING a relaxing treatment.

From Nexxus; "EMERGENCÉE is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to chemical services. Not recommended for use with relaxers."

That does not mean it is not supposed to be used on relaxed heads, just not DURING the process.

Royal Glory

LocksOfLuV said:
It says it's not supposed to be used DURING a relaxing treatment.

From Nexxus; "EMERGENCÉE is an excellent pre-treatment for delicate hair prior to chemical services. Not recommended for use with relaxers."

That does not mean it is not supposed to be used on relaxed heads, just not DURING the process.

Precisely. Thanks, Locks for clarifying the issue.

HoneyDew

Guys, there is a thread on this. I will find it. We actually emailed Nexxus about it and posted their reponses.