Nexxus Ensure or Roux Porosity Control?

junipertree

Ok...one more thread on porous hair - only because after reading past posts I've determined that my hair is porous. If anyone has tried both Nexus Ensure and Roux Porosity control - which do you like better? Also, has anyone tried the Roux shampoo? I bought the shampoo by mistake looking for the conditioner and when I went back to the BSS they didn't have the cond so I bought Ensure. Then...today I found the Roux conditioner at a BSS near my job. (P.S. I have a terrible case of PJism). Anyway, I was thinking of doing an Aphogee treatment for my excessive shedding/breakage and then either Ensure or the Roux cond. Should I use the Roux shampoo first - has anyone else tried it? Sorry for being all over the place in this post :drunk: :spinning:

Thanks!

junipertree

simplycee said:
I have used both and prefer and would recommend Porosity Control. I think Ensure is over rated.
Thanks! Have you ever used the Roux shampoo? Woul dit be considered a "clarifying" shampoo like Keracare first lather?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I haven't used the shampoo. I'm very picky about the shampoos I use and never find it necessary to use the shampoo. I do love the porosity conditioner and use it before (3 days) a relaxer and right after a relaxer. The results are ususally immediate. Sally's makes a smaple size for under $2. You can try that first without wasting money if you don't like it.

Nexxus products stopped working on my hair all of a sudden. Ensure didn't seem to do anything for my hair so I just gave it away.

sithembile

I've used both and prefer Ensure. It really smooths the hair after a protein treatment. The PC didn't make a difference on my hair.

baglady215

I've only used PC and I like it, but I'm an admitted PJ and will be trying the Ensure because I can't help myself... :lol:

LiqueXX

I have used the PC shampoo and conditioner and I like them both. I am not a big fan of Nexxus products, (I only use Keraphix, Emergencee and Humectress) so I cannot tell you about Ensure.