Proteins vs. Polymetrics Conditioners

JerriBlank

Has anyone used the new reformulated Emergencee?
I am scared that it wont work as well anymore so i keep buying the old bottles,but i'm not going to have that option much sooner.

charmtreese

Has anyone used the new reformulated Emergencee?
I am scared that it wont work as well anymore so i keep buying the old bottles,but i'm not going to have that option much sooner.

I still have about 10 bottles of the original emergencee left. I stocked up on it when it was on sale (to get rid of the old for the new). The new formula is still a polymetric conditioner...however, the ingredient list looks watered down!!!:nono:

Esq.2B

Bumping, I noticed the Keracare Super Reconstructor is polymeric as well. I'll be back w/ the ingredients.

Keracare Super Reconstructor Ingredients:
Aqua, Collagen Amino Acids, polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

The ingredients are very similar to the new Nexxus Emergencee formula:

http://www.nexxus.com/Product/Emergencée/Strengthening-Polymeric-Reconstructor

Water (Aqua, Eau), Collagen Amino Acids, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Gelatin, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid is the Polymetric ingredient and it's found in both products.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I was reading about this today. I will give Nexxus a try today and see how things work out.....

Rastafarai

Bumping!!!

I've always treated Nexxus Emergencee as a protein treatment and not as a polymetric conditioner. This is great information.

Esq.2B

Bumping!!!

I've always treated Nexxus Emergencee as a protein treatment and not as a polymetric conditioner. This is great information.

I think Emergencee is both a protein treatment and a polymetric though. The collagen is protein. So is the gelatin and the elastin. :yep: