Nexxuss Emergencee...is it really heavy protein?!

dillard

Hey ladies,
I've read a lot of threads about protein treatments and it seems that Emergencee is considered a heavy protein treatment? I'm just wondering if everyone who uses it as a heavy protein is using it as directed on the bottle... apply for 1-2 minutes then rinse out. I always think of a heavy treatment as something that would stay in your hair for atleast 10 minutes!? For the last 4 weeks of my 10-wk stretch, I used it like 3 times, it seems to have done a good job with no ill effects. It just seems like more of a light treatment to me, I dunno...

HoneyDew

I think it is light if you follow the new directions.

The old directions were different. Also many of us use it the same as the Aphogee's instuctions - leaving it on under the dryer until it gets hard and then rinsing.

I notice that even when I leave it on like that, it is STILL not as drying as the Aphogee stuff. I prefer it for this reason, but it still does not work as well as Aphogee if I am really in need of some real deal protein.

Basically with the Emergencee, I have to do that every other week or so unlike the Aphogee that lasts longer. But that's cools since Aphogee is VERY drying for me.

Lavendar

Like HD, I find Emergencee to be much lighter than Aphogee. It's a good protein source though. I used to use it with a plastic cap under the dryer for at least 45 minutes, though I don't use it anymore. I use Aphogee with no cap under the dryer for 60 minutes or more. It takes that long for my hair to become completely dry and hard. I do this every 6 weeks. HTH!

dillard

oh ok. no wonder. i just knew that leaving something on your hair for one minute couldn't be a heavy anything! I might just give it a shot under the dryer and see how that works for me. thanx ladies!