Light Protein and Heavy Protein Recommendations Needed. . .

MonaLisa

Babygurl said:
Wow, now Im gonna have to try mixing the Aphogee and Breakage Control Serum, that should be really good together!

Awww hells bells...u know I'm a biter...if ur doing it...then I'm gonna do it too!
I'm due for a treatment soon.:cool:

LoriLOCX

Okay ladies.....
Want to give your hair a special treat????
Here's something the salons don't want to share!

MAKE YOURSELF A NEXXUS OMNI PACK (This is a conditioner cocktail)
====================================================
3 formulations I know....in equal parts....

1) Chemically Abused Hair = Epitome, Keraphix, and Hemectress
2) Extremely Dry, Kinky, Curly Hair = Epitome, Botanic Oil, Humectress
3) Chemically Damaged Hair = Epitome, Keraphix, Emergencee

Use with or without heat like your regular deep conditioner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Senimoni, you probably need protein where your hair stops behaving!!!

star

senimoni said:
How do you know if you need a protein treatment??

Hair is made up mostly of protein so given it good treatments ever now and then helps to strengthen it from the inside out. Also, strong protein treatments stops breakage almost instantly if your hair starts to shed. Having protein and moisturzing treatments for the hair is a nice balance. And if you use a strong protein every 6-8 weeks this keeps hair strong and prevents breakage before it even starts. :lol:

cece22

Super-Aphogee
Heavy- Motions CPR Reconstructor mixed by Cathy Howse's recipe
Medium- Motions CPR
Light- Motions Silk Protein

Belle Du Jour

Because I'm natural (but colored) I discovered that a heavy protein only needs to be used once every 6-8 weeks. For me, a lighter protein (like silk or wheat) should be used every other week. I was getting some shedding when I was using protein evey week.

Britt

Light- Paul Mitchell Hair Repair Treatment, I likey :D. I plan to use it again this weekend.
Heavy-Sebastian Penetraitt or Nexxus Emergencee.

senimoni

Thanks ladies,

I bought the singlet packs of Aphoghee at Sallys. I wanted to do it on Sunday, but now I'm scared to break off all my hair. How long would it take to dry with out a sit under dryer......or can I use a blow dryer.

Also re: the hair being hard before you rinse.....is that just the outside shell of your hair, or all throughout? I think I may have this done in a salon the first time....we shall see.

LoriLOCX

senimoni said:
Thanks ladies,

I bought the singlet packs of Aphoghee at Sallys. I wanted to do it on Sunday, but now I'm scared to break off all my hair. How long would it take to dry with out a sit under dryer......or can I use a blow dryer.

Also re: the hair being hard before you rinse.....is that just the outside shell of your hair, or all throughout? I think I may have this done in a salon the first time....we shall see.

If you're talking about the Aphogee Treatment, you should sit under a bonnet dryer. Your hair will get hair as a ROCK...ALL OVER.....like you stuck it in a vat of cement!!!! Do not comb this, or rub your hair when you begin to rinse. It's suppose to be this hard after you get out from under the dryer, so don't be scared. Just get under the faucet or in your shower and let the water hit it, without trying to rub your hair. You will your hair start to relax and return to normal...like before you even put it in. It will wash out without manipulating your hair and scalp.

For some people, they may feel a tingle or slight burning when first applying the treatment and it hits the scalp. You do NOT want to do this if you have abrasions, tenderness, or sore spots on your scalp. The same principles apply as if you were putting in a relaxer. THIS IS NOT A RELAXER. It just might have the same scalp sensitivity for you.

It is an awesome product though. It has great restorative/fixative value to damaged hair. Don't over use Aphogee products because over time they will dry your hair out. But it's a good line.

Paris Belle

Heavy Protein-Nexxus Emergencee
Medium Protein-Nexxus Keraphix, Motions CPR
Light Protein-Motions Silk Protein
Protein-Moisturizing Combinations: 10 en 1, Fantasia IC Deep Penetrating Creme

Belle Du Jour

Just wanted to add, I tried EQP Breakage control serum because I got a sample of it, and it worked great! Although I don't need to use a lot of protein, I tried this because I hadn't used protein in a while.

I used tresemme and hot oil on dry hair as a pre-protein treatment for 30 minutes, rinsed, applied the serum, sat under the dryer for 10 minutes, rinsed, and deep conditioned. My hair was silky soft after the whole process. After I rinsed out the serum, my hair felt fortified. Not hard and crunchy, but strengthened. I recommend this!