Light Protein and Heavy Protein Recommendations Needed. . .

Belle Du Jour

I'm a newbie here, and the light bulb went off as I was perusing the threads. What's missing from my routine is protein! I do a protein treatment sporadically with Aphogee, but since my hair is perm colored (and I use heat once a month or every 2 months) I prolly need a regular routine that includes a light protein treatment about 2 times a month and a heavy protein treatment once a month.

I think everything else in my routine is good, and that the protein just might make the difference in retaining more length. :)

Can you guys recommend both a heavy and light protein conditioner?
Merci Beaucoup.

ms_kenesha

Super Heavy: Aphogee *every 6-8 wks.
Heavy: Nexxus Emergencee *once a mth.
Light: Aubrey GPB *every 2 weeks
Super Light: Tropical Milk Protein (I am in :love) with this stuff) *every week

Bunny77

I find that a great light protein for me is milk protein. I can use this daily and it makes my hair feel quite good. Suave Citrus Smoothie is a cheap conditioner that has lots of milk protein in it, as is Suave Milk and Honey.

miracle

Lamaur Bone Marrow Treatment--Light Protein
EQP Breakage Control Serum--Light to Medium Protein

NAY007

Light protein conditioner (and also moisturizing):

motions silk protein conditioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll love it.

Ronda123

ms_kenesha said:
Super Heavy: Aphogee *every 6-8 wks.
Heavy: Nexxus Emergencee *once a mth.
Light: Aubrey GPB *every 2 weeks
Super Light: Tropical Milk Protein (I am in :love) with this stuff) *every week
Ms_kenesha, where do you purchase Tropical Milk Protein?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
senimoni said:
How do you know if you need a protein treatment??
...when you want to stop and prevent breakage, split ends, and shedding...and also to strengthen the hair cuticle. ;)

MonaLisa

Okkkaaaay...after reading this....

I was going to stray to Nexxus Emergencee...but after seeing BabyGurl and Chicomorena...I'm gonna stick with my tried and true Aphoghee...I'll try adding that Elasta QP Serum with the Aphoghee treatment.

I wonder if I could mix it with the Affirm 5n1, I have a bottle in my stash before I go buying anything else...:ohwell:

Belle Du Jour

I never got around to buying the Aubrey's GPB because I had some leftover Elasta QP Intense (with silk protein) and some Aphogee Intense Reconstructor (with Keratin, but NOT the stinky protein treatment. So far, I'm loving the EQP Intense as a light treatment. It smells great, and it's inexpensive. I may not need a heavy treatment as often as I though since I'm natural.

Since I've used Emergencee in the past with great results, though, that will be my heavy treatment of choice.

Babygurl

Wow, now Im gonna have to try mixing the Aphogee and Breakage Control Serum, that should be really good together!

Lee

Light: Ion Reconstructor Treatment (my fav)
Heavy: Ion Effective Care Treatment
You can purchase both at Sally's Beauty Supply