Nicci Gilbert of Brownstone....the Homewrecker Who Destroyed Sheree & Bob's Marriage?

SHEANITPRO

I wasn't aware of these accusations until today.

Nicci Gilbert, formerly of the R&B trio Brownstone, of being "the home-wrecker" who destroyed Sheree and retired NFL star Bob Whitfield's marriage.

Bravo's reality show 'Real Housewives of ATL' has been a drama-filled hit for the network.
If the on-screen catfighting between far-from-desperate 'Housewives' like NeNe Leakes, Kim Zolciak, Sheree Whitfield, Lisa Wu Hartwell and DeShawn Snow wasn't enough, the post-show fall-out and bickering seems to be never-ending.

Last week a report surfaced accusing R&B singer Nicci Gilbert, formerly of the R&B trio Brownstone, of being "the home-wrecker" who destroyed Sheree and retired NFL star Bob Whitfield's marriage.

The singer, who was previously signed to Michael Jackson's MJJ Records, and she spoke exclusively with the BV Buzz about the matter.

There's an internet report that claims you broke up Sheree and Bob's marriage. How did that make you feel?
At first it made me very angry! Especially knowing the truth and knowing that's the furthest thing from the truth. I know that blogs misconstrue things and people assume things because they see you with a certain person, so I surmised that this is just what it is and I will deal with it in a reasonable way. I just don't want it to end up being some mudslinging, negative he-say, she-say drama.

What is your relationship with Bob? Because you all did date at some point, correct?
Bob and I dated before Sheree and Bob were married. Bob and I were involved and it was a serious involvement. But when he got with her, his and my relationship was put on hold. Even our friendship was put on hold. When he discovered what the situation was with her, he reached out and I was there for him as a friend. We were not involved in a relationship at all during that time.

So until this story surfaced last week, there had been no issues surrounding you and Sheree as it relates to Bob?
We all know the truth about this situation and the truth is definitely that I'm not a home-wrecker under any circumstances. Sheree knows that, Bob knows, his mother knows that and all of our families know that. Anyone who was around and is aware of Bob and Sheree's marriage knows that.

And you and Sheree have always been cordial?
Absolutely! Our families ha
ng out together. We have been cordial, which is why when she had the opportunity to clear up the rumor on [local Atlanta deejay] Ryan Cameron's radio show I was surprised that it didn't happen.

Is it true she wanted you to give vocal lessons to her kids on an episode of the show?
Yes, she did suggest that I give Kaleigh vocal lessons and we do that on camera. This was going to be for season two. And I want to be really careful with that because I don't want to bring the kids into this situation in a negative way. Bottom line is they having nothing to do with this. They are great kids and we have a great relationship.

Now that this story is out there and Sheree didn't clear it up when she had a chance, how do you feel about her?
I've never had a problem with her. I'm very happy for her success. I think if done correctly, this could help her and Bob sort of heal some of those issues they have in respect to their personal stuff. Again, they were husband and wife, a marriage couple and that had nothing to do with me. Bob and I dated before Sheree. We were friends before Sheree so we're definitely going to be friends long after Sheree. Me being a home-wrecker is the polar opposite of what that situation was. That's pretty much it.

How does Bob feel about all of this?

There are some things being put out there about his character and him not being a great dad and all that other stuff. I can speak for him as a father to his children. He's awesome! There's the excuse of TV turning things around and all of that, but no matter what they try to depict he's a great dad. He's a really funny guy and whatever issues they have, they should work it out.

As an African-American woman now living in Atlanta yourself, what do you think about the show, 'Real Housewives of ATL?'
You have to be careful as African-American women. I think they have to be careful of what images they are putting out there. We're in a day where Michelle Obama and Oprah Winfrey are defining what it means to be a Black woman and be fly, successful and educated to the world. So all Black women need to be mindful that we should not be doing anything to taint those images. Not saying that they are, but I am just saying they need to be careful. I'm not here to tear them or any individual down, but there's a lot of stuff going on with that show that isn't necessarily reality.
*****​
Nicci Gilbert's last solo CD, 'Grown Folks Music' was released in stores Japan and is available on iTunes in the U.S.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
Re: Nicci Gilbert of Brownstone....the Homewrecker Who Destroyed Sheree & Bob's Marri

.... for some reason it seems like a few OT/ET threads are getting posted in the Hair Care Forum. what's going on?

Bosslady1

Re: Nicci Gilbert of Brownstone....the Homewrecker Who Destroyed Sheree & Bob's Marri

interesting....i use to like that group to! oh well...he was wrong.