Creating the Illusion of a Short Bob

Isis

Have you tried this yet? Style Network recently demonstrated how easy this style is to make if your hair is SL or longer to create the illusion of the popular bob like Rihanna and Paris has, for example.

A woman with thick, pretty, BSL hair who said she will never cut her hair when asked, thought the stylist was going to cut her hair into a short bob. Actually, he was teasing her with the scissors in hand :rolleyes: and her hands got clammy as she seemed ready to faint. :ill:

Instead, he first curled the length of her hair with a curling iron for soft waves, then took sections of hair and tucked the length under, pinning it securely with butterfly clips. He said these clips grip better than bobby pins, which can easily slip out. He then continued around her head pinning up about four sections total, or so it seemed. Then he pulled out some of her already shorter pieces of hair around the front so it really looked like her hair was short.

The result was a beautiful, short, stylish, wavy-looking bob! It only took a few minutes, the longest time probably curling her hair first and I was impressed. :up: Those of you with SL or longer hair, have you tried this? Would you want to?

ETA: I just noticed the post by ItsyBitsy on this same show! I'll bet her hair turned out great! :yep:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=3137139

Last edited:
Sistaslick did this as a protective style and shows a pic in her fotki. She even shows how to do it step by step. It was really cute.

Last edited:
Sistaslick did this as a protective style and shows a pic in her fotki. She even shows how to do it step by step. It was really cute.
Thank you Hopeful! I did not see that, I'll have to check it out! I love her tutorials! :yep:
I just now tried it with Good Hair Days pins and it took about 3 minutes. :)
*looks for Sistaslick's bob* :fan:

ive seen that done before, ive always wanted to try it.
As you were posting, I just mentioned I just now tried this in about 3 minutes. :) You can try it now if you want to. It seems a little too easy. I'm going to check Sistaslicks tutorial and see how she did it.

ETA: Sistaslicks tutorial is even better! Is it okay post her link? No password is necessary.

Last edited:
I'd love to see how they did this. I used to wear my hair in a short Bob YEARS ago. I sure did love that style.

Back