Nice wigs

Hello all...Im trying to incorporate protective styles into my regimen and I'm choosing wigs. Can anyone tell me where to get nice wigs? I really would like a wig that looks natural, I recently bought one n feel like an extra from B.A.P.S. (no bueno)...so please help me out;-)

nychaelasymone

I've recently found that quick weaves work really well to get the 'natural' look. Right now, I'm rocking a quick weave made out of Outre' Duby hair. People are always telling me 'my' hair is gorgeous....little do they know, my hair is wrapped or braided underneath this lovely wig. Youtube has a wonderful tutorial on the process....the only downfall is that the wigs last about 2 weeks (depending on the brand of hair you use).

SelfStyled

Try Hairsisters or www.hairsisters.com- reason being is that many of the wigs have reviews and even real people that will post their pictures wearing them.

Also www.clairhair.com is good because they will some times show the wigs in different views on wig heads so you can get a sort of panoramic view.

Some people don't like to buy online because they cant try the wig on - but for me I live in a town that has the wackest BSS's so I have to order online.

Have you seen the Wig Thread?
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=285845

You might find a few things you like in that thread.

Remember you wear the wig- don't let the wig wear you. If it's too shiny, wash it before you wear it, you can cut layers, bangs, accessorize, etc. Stick to textures and colors that complement you.

If you take the time to go through Da Wig Thread- you will find many members that have fotki's and show their wigs. Plus it has lots of tips in there too.

Last but not least www.blackhairmedia.com- has an entire section devoted to wigs

HTH- Wigs can be a great protective style. HHG!

Lady S

I like both hairsisters.com and http://www.gmbshair.com It's weird, I have better luck buying wigs online then I do on BSS. Probably because I'm not as good as gauging wigs on mannequins as I am when it's pictures of the wigs on models.

Half wigs & 3/4 wigs can look really nice, but you end up having to still mess with some of your real hair or use a headband.