nightly hair maintenance

alainaraye

This is my first post. I've been lurking for years!!

I have fine neck length relaxed hair. I have no clue how to maintain my straight salon styled hair at night. I hate the idea of having to use my flat iron every day. I've tried wrapping (leads to flat, limp hair), cross wrapping (just didn't work, I believe my hair is too short), and pincurling w/subsequent morning wrapping (end result is too curly).

How do I maintain a straight style at night???

Thanks in advance!

I was in the same position. I have necklength hair but it's not relaxed. I threw away the flat iron and stopped using heat altogether. I have retained 1.5 inches in 2 months due to getting rid of the heat and my nightly regime. I spray my hair with a mixture of rose water, aloevera juice, glycerin, Rosemary EO and water then seal with castor oil. I wear a silk wrap to bed and sleep on satin pillowcases. In the morning I rinse and airdry. When I started my HHJ, I couldn't even get my hair in a ponytail. I can now so I will either wear a phony bun or wrap a few tracks around my teeny weeny pony and make a bun or just wash and go. There aren't a lot of options for us until our hair grows longer :-/

Oops! I missed answering your last question. Wrapping is the only thing I can think of but it does leave my fine hair more limp than it already is. What a roller set? I know it's not too comfortable to sleep on but my grandma and cousin slept with rollers in and they said after a while, you get used to sleeping with rollers in *shrugs*

Wrapping your hair with the large hard rollers at the crown and top of your head may give you some body, but still maintain a sleek look. I've done this before and was able to sleep since the rollers weren't on the sides or back of my head. Not the same amount of body as a freshly done style, but not totally flat either-at least for my hair.

Wrapping your hair with the large hard rollers at the crown and top of your head may give you some body, but still maintain a sleek look. I've done this before and was able to sleep since the rollers weren't on the sides or back of my head. Not the same amount of body as a freshly done style, but not totally flat either-at least for my hair.

Yes, this is the only way to keep some body in your hair and get a good night sleep. I would put 4 large roller from front to back at the crown and wrap the sides. Some mornings I would flip my hair upside down and spray with Ojon Rubout to give it a little uumph.

You could wrap at night and use Large/Jumbo Caruso's in the morning -then re-wrap and you will have that full-bodied look w/o the curls

Yes, this is the only way to keep some body in your hair and get a good night sleep. I would put 4 large roller from front to back at the crown and wrap the sides. Some mornings I would flip my hair upside down and spray with Ojon Rubout to give it a little uumph.

Thanks for the Ojon tip! I've never even heard of this product, but will do some research on it.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. So is daily use of the Caruso rollers less damaging than bumping with a flat iron?

Definitely...as the Caruso's only utilize steam and not direct heat...the steam also promotes healthy hair ...

My hair is very fine so when I use the Caruso's I let them get steamed for about 3-5 seconds ....

I just had to post this follow up. Thanks so much for the suggesting the Caruso rollers! They are EXACTLY what my hair needed. I've continued to wrap at night and am now using the Jumbo Carusos in the morning. I steam them for 3 seconds and keep them in my hair for 5 minutes max. This gives me outrageous body without too much of a curl.

In total it takes maybe 10 minutes to do my hair (this is coming from someone who could barely curl her hair). I've never been able to maintain/produce that 'just from the salon bounce' I've always been looking for. My hair feels soooooooo soft and silky.

Thanks again ladies!!!!

Back