Nivea Hair Relaxer!!!!!!!!!!!

MA2010

Hmph....I'm overseas and believe it or not all I saw was the American Nivea with mineral oil.

I'm trying to see how well my hair thrives using products with no mineral oil at the time. This is great info though. Thanks!

vkb247

I love this as a lotion but put it down the other day when I saw the crap ingredients. Very tempted to give it a try some day either way. Thanks for sharing.

Stella B.

You are funny and so cute!! Thanks for the tip! I bet if you tie a scarf on top of that Nivea, your hair would lay down for days!!!!:spinning:

MissNina

Libra Girl
LOL I won't be trying I don't think but thanks for sharing!!

OT: Isn't VS ENDLESS LOVE the ish??? It's my night time fragrance ;)

ThePerfectScore

Do you rinse it out or leave it in the way it is?

I leave it in, there really is no rinsing this out... water just beads up and rolls off like you're a duck. So I put it on heavy at night.. and then by morning its all good. But if ur wearing it throughout the day just use sparingly.. and brush through strands.

I love this as a lotion but put it down the other day when I saw the crap ingredients. Very tempted to give it a try some day either way. Thanks for sharing.

The German version doesn't have mineral oil and other "bad" ingredients my hair loves haha

LOL I won't be trying I don't think but thanks for sharing!!

OT: Isn't VS ENDLESS LOVE the ish??? It's my night time fragrance ;)

YES Endless Love is amazing!! :drunk:

Update: I used it last night b/c I had afro-itis on my new growth... which I LOVE~! But not when its so dry... I like my curls to be more defined... I applied the Nieva Creme like a relaxer.. combed through with a somehwat small tooth comb... collected TONS of shed hair... not broken hair (I checked the ends)... and I actually had curls and waves instead of sharp jagged twists and turns. Its been 2 days and my hair is still very manageable... I can comb through it!!! I'm like a dog, I have to be groomed daily or I become a matted mess!

Candygirl

Candygirl
So I know long before I joined this site, someone posted a thread about how Rachel Ray uses Nivea Creme to tame flyaways.... But for all the newbies or ppl who hate the search function let me tell you this Nivea creme is amazing!

So my hair was super dry, nappy.... I am a million years post :lachen:(okay more like 3 months... maybe? I don't count...:ohwell:) anyway.. lately the only way I can even feel my scalp is when I condition my hair in the shower, but tonight I really wanted to comb out my hair and moisturize it since I have been neglecting it and it felt like straw. So I could barely part my hair it's so thick with new growth, but I parted my hair with my fingers, slathered on Nivea Creme as if it were a relaxer... I put it on the new growth only and smoothed with my hands... I did my whole head, and put some on my edges... Then I took my large plastic shower comb and parted my hair in small sections and started to detangle.

OMG can I tell you the naps just melted away!??!?! This was as if I had a relaxer... No hairs broke whilst combing, but I got a lotta shed hair. (Nivea creme is so thick, it can't help but pull out some hairs ready to shed. I swear when I rub in on my skin the top layer comes off!) Anyway... so I detangled then I was able to use my knock off denman brush!

Now let me tell you this was such an accomplishment considering for this whole week I have only brushed over my hair since the jungle I was rocking on my head was to dangerous to tame. But Now my hair is so smooth and detangled I could run a small tooth comb through it!

I know everyone is on a NO mineral oil kick, but NIVEA Creme is a must for women stretching or transitioning! And to seal the deal I put a little put a little bit of the cream on ends and bunned it.

Warning: This is not for ladies who want that hair to swing! This will slick back your hair like no other....

I am even more in love with Nivea....

I already use the creme for everthing from chapped lips to stretch marks....Great for the face! Its not an every day moistrizer b/c it is thick and greasy... but every one in a while my face needs a nice coat. I believe Nivea Creme is the holy grail of cheap drug store brands... Its on par with La Mer creme (same basic base--- especially if u can get the German marketed Nivea rather than the North America)

You are telling nothing but the Truth on this. I go to a nearby international store and they sell the big blue jar from Germany for 9.99 and it is sooo good! I have friend who lives in Germany that sends me their formula as well. I love the scent but have never even thought of using it as part of a haircare product. Will try it though!