NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

greenandchic

futureapl

Re: NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE 2012

I will be using njoy's formula for 4 months. I just bought the oils today and ordered the sulfur. Cant :wait! I'm 2 Weeks post.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Question ladies, with using this I guess it is safe to say that you will be protective styling for the duration of the challenge. I ask because with the frequent co washing and nightly bagging it seem almost impossible to wear you hair straight....is this the case?

I don't baggy and I wash my hair the same day I use it. So I use it in the morning, and that night will wash it out. I only use it 2x weekly so not too bad and if I'm wearing my hair straight, I don't use it that week until I'm ready to wash it.

Evo-ny

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month?
4 month challenge, I'm stretching my relaxer for this but it will put me at 7 months post. :nono:

Which mixture will you use?
NJoys, tweaked.

If different, show your recipe
Unless I can find some JBCO in town, I'll just be using dark or regular castor oil.

If relaxed, how many weeks post?
3 months, texlaxed

I'm currently in between APL and BSL, texlaxed. Hopefully my sulfur makes it across the border in time for the challenge. I'm planning on using the concoction every second day, alternating between that and my moisturizing/sealing. I'll do a shampoo & dc every 4-5 days.

I've just started taking MSM, I'm in a running program, upping my protein, drinking plenty of water, hiding my hair by PSing, and I am strictly no heat until this is over! I'm going ALL OUT! I wanna see my hair do this:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Attachments

• yMp5Rl.jpg
    yMp5Rl.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 37

xu93texas

I'm in!:grin:

I'll be doing the 6 month challenge and using NJoy's recipe.
I'm newly natural (TWA), so I'll be applying every night and co washing every day.

Ms. Tiki

did you find the reg castor oil just as good as the JBCO? I'm trying to stop ordering so many things online.

I have a huge bottle of regular castor oil, I would also like to know if it's as effective as JBCO or Haitian Castor oil.

@BadMamaJama and @missyanne The regular castor oil work just as well as the JBCO. I've repurchased the reg castor but not the JBCO. I also use it to seal and on my edges.

xomonaijax

This is great timing. I will be PS doing this time.

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month? 6 month

Which mixture will you use?

If different, show your recipe

1 heaping tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
2 oz Organic Jojoba Oil
4 oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
2 oz Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)
4-5 drops Rosemary Oil
4-5 drops Peppermint
2-4 drops of Tea Tree Oil

I will apply at least 3 times a wk.

Starting pic

Will post later next week once I trim my hair.

If relaxed, how many weeks post? Natural 2 yrs 4 months. (9 month transition)

petitefille

I'm new to posting in the forums but I would like to join this challenge. I don't have sulphur yet and don't know where to find it (I live in Canada and shipping is ridiculous) so I'm going to try a few drug stores and see if I can find it. I'm currently in a sew-in but plan to switch to a wig with braids underneath.

Please share the following:
Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month? I will do 4 months and if it goes well, continue for 6.
Which mixture will you use? I will use Njoy's recipe.
If different, show your recipe: I will substitute rosemary oil for lavender oil.
Starting pic: I started a thread
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=638995
If relaxed, how many weeks post? I'm natural.

KaramelDiva1978

I am really disappointed in Whl Foods price of jojoba oil and their lack of rosemary and pepprmint. Shld I try Vitamin Shoppe or another herbal chain? Anyone ordering online with decent prices?

TIA

Evo-ny

petitefille said:
I don't have sulphur yet and don't know where to find it (I live in Canada and shipping is ridiculous)

I couldn't find it anywhere, caved in and paid full price for shipping. ;_;

Last edited:

petitefille

I couldn't find it anywhere, caved in and paid full price for shipping. ;_;

Oh no!!! I wish you would have waited so that I could tell you I went to the pharmacy in Metro and they ordered it for me. It was $5.99. But they called it "Sublimed Atlas"---I'm assuming that's the brand? She couldn't guarantee that that was what I was looking for because it didn't say "sulfur" but I figured it was cheap enough that I wouldn't mind if it was the wrong thing. I asked for it yesterday and they said it should get in by tomorrow. I went to Shopper's Drug Mart also but I could tell the pharmacist didn't want to be bothered to order it for me. I'll let you know when I get it.

Evo-ny

Aww, we don't have metro stores here. A lot of the independent pharmacies have been swallowed up by the chain grocery stores. I tried a Rexall pharmacy and no luck. Shoppers always gives me the stinkeye too!

greenandchic

Aww, we don't have metro stores here. A lot of the independent pharmacies have been swallowed up by the chain grocery stores. I tried a Rexall pharmacy and no luck. Shoppers always gives me the stinkeye too!

Did you try a compound pharmacy? They are almost always indie.

HappilyLiberal

Let me just suggest that you ladies DO NOT use coconut oil. I found that the sulfur/coconut oil mix is what produced a really horrible smell.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I'm tempted to start back with my oil this week but I just relaxed and flat ironed and darn it, I'm trying to preserve this sleekness a couple of days .

petitefille

It used to be called A&P, I don't know if you have those?

Try a pharmacy in any other grocery store. I think Sobey's and Fortino's have a pharmacy too, if there's one in your area.