No growth aids needed: 7 months post texlax update... (pics)

lovelymissyoli

My last post was almost a year ago next month. I basically gave up trying to grow my hair because I felt as though my hair would never reach APL, and I just have much more fun experimenting with my hair.

Well I must say that K.I.S.S. (Keeping It Simple Sista) is the way to go! My last texlax was in June, and since then I kept my hair under wraps in cornrows or flat ironed. I stopped daily washes, applying any form of growth aids, no vitamins, and low to no heat.

After 7 months, and just in time for my texlax, my hair grew out from an ear length bob to full shoulder length! I believe my growth rate is 1/2" per month. Since I enjoyed the bob so much, I got the back of my hair tapered again, however, I left the sides a little longer.

Hopefully after another 7 month hiatus I'll be able to rock a shoulder length bob in the back while leaving my sides at collarbone length.

Enjoy the pics. :)
= = = = = = = = = = = =

Pre-texlax...sorry but these are bad camera phone pics of my hair since I left my digital camera at home.

Comparisons: The right side shows my hair after texlax, Colourshines, press, flat iron, and new cut...

...I suppose if I would've left my hair all at shoulder length the comparisons would be more dramatic, but I must say that my hair really doesn't need much of anything to grow.

...back into seclusion I go... :look:

msa

Great progress! Your cut is hot!

I have a question. Your natural texture is really beautiful. Why do you texlax? Is it for easier straightening?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Your hair looks healthy and fantastic!!

What I've learned with my hair is that I cannot do everything to it that everyone else does. A lot of ladies can co-wash their hair on a daily or near-daily basis and not experience damage or breakage. I've finally learned that for my fine tresses, I cannot over-manipulate my hair. I've witnessed a major change just by leaving it alone. Not combing or brushing as much. And now that I'm stretching, I only wash and deep condition once a week rather than twice a week. Keeping it off my shoulders and neck, moisturized and sealed with light oil...these things have proven so effective.

My only objective now is finding the right detangling, moisturizing leave-in after my washes. That's the only challenge I have left.

lovelymissyoli

Great progress! Your cut is hot!

I have a question. Your natural texture is really beautiful. Why do you texlax? Is it for easier straightening?

Thank you. :) ...I texlax my hair simply because my natural hair sheds/breaks horrendously! Also, I really wanted a change, and texlax hair doesn't revert from a press/flat iron as quickly as my natural hair would.

genesis132

Good Job! I finally have my simple routine figured out...I'm wearing wigs till June.
Once per week or every 2 weeks, I'll do an overnite OCT Cell therapy deep condition, then in the morning 'poo with OCT Color Poo (while my hair is in cornrows of course).
If I feel like it, I'll CW every 3rd day or so. I believe in the K.I.S.S motto and have decided to keep my scalp clean in '09...
Thanks for the update!!

hopeful

I am so happy you posted! Your hair looks really pretty and the growth is evident. I am planning on texlaxing every six months and doing the lo mani thing to. My hair hates constant manipulation and really really hates all that co-washing.

SmartyPants

My last post was almost a year ago next month. I basically gave up trying to grow my hair because I felt as though my hair would never reach APL, and I just have much more fun experimenting with my hair.

Well I must say that K.I.S.S. (Keeping It Simple Sista) is the way to go! My last texlax was in June, and since then I kept my hair under wraps in cornrows or flat ironed. I stopped daily washes, applying any form of growth aids, no vitamins, and low to no heat.

After 7 months, and just in time for my texlax, my hair grew out from an ear length bob to full shoulder length! I believe my growth rate is 1/2" per month. Since I enjoyed the bob so much, I got the back of my hair tapered again, however, I left the sides a little longer.

Hopefully after another 7 month hiatus I'll be able to rock a shoulder length bob in the back while leaving my sides at collarbone length.

Enjoy the pics. :)
= = = = = = = = = = = =

Pre-texlax...sorry but these are bad camera phone pics of my hair since I left my digital camera at home.

Comparisons: The right side shows my hair after texlax, Colourshines, press, flat iron, and new cut...

...I suppose if I would've left my hair all at shoulder length the comparisons would be more dramatic, but I must say that my hair really doesn't need much of anything to grow.

...back into seclusion I go... :look:

Are you a teacher and are those your students in that last pic? Word to the wise: you need to crop the kids out of the picture because if I were a parent there would be hell to pay if you posted my child's picture on the internet without my consent!

BTW... your hair looks nice!

egg200

I think your hair looks great too! I am with you on keeping it simple. My hair was super dry this winter, but I found flat ironing with moisturizing my ends is the way to go for me until summer.