No hairs at all

ShaniKeys

Something amazing happened today, I don't know if y'all have experienced this before (probably have, but it's new to me so) I washed my hair today, and flat ironed afterwards. A couple of days ago I trimmed my ends, and what I noticed is that while I was flat ironing/combing my hair absolutely no hairs remained on the comb, it's so amazing, I'm so happy. I usually lost alot of hair while combing, probably b/c of all the split ends I guess...what y'all know about this?

CAPlush

Good for you! Split ends and damaged ends do tangle a lot more, so now that you are rid of those, you aren't getting the breakage from tugging through tangles. Don't forget to moisturize, occasionally pin up, and baby those ends so that you can maintain the results of your trim.

ShaniKeys

CAPlush said:
Good for you! Split ends and damaged ends do tangle a lot more, so now that you are rid of those, you aren't getting the breakage from tugging through tangles. Don't forget to moisturize, occasionally pin up, and baby those ends so that you can maintain the results of your trim.
Exactly, took me ages to figure that one out...It's much better this way, is it necessary to trim weekly/monthly or depending on the the state of the ends?

ShaniKeys

MamaBraidedIt said:
WOW, wish I could relate. I still get breakage :sigh: You must be taking really good care of your hair. Keep it up! :D
Thanks, I'm doing my best, thanks to all of these wonderful tips here on LHCF, things are getting alot better. I've mastered a few techniques like detangling and such...I'm gonna work on the protective styles though ;)

CAPlush

ShaniKeys said:
Exactly, took me ages to figure that one out...It's much better this way, is it necessary to trim weekly/monthly or depending on the the state of the ends?

I don't think so. I think it is most important to concentrate on not letting them get a mess in the first place. I personally always apply my deep conditioner to the ends first to make sure they are good a saturated, and use pH balanced conditioners (Motions Moisture Plus, Affirm 5n1 Reconstructor, and Roux Mendex) pretty often to keep the ends in decent condition. I have gone 6 months w/o a trim, and have very little breakage. I wished I could show you pics of my ends, but I'm on the Hide Your Hair challenge. I think you can maintain healthy ends for a very long time, much longer than a month.

ShaniKeys

Thank you so much for your advice, b/c if I keep trimming, I'll never get to my dream length :s I had to cut off quite a bit this time, I don't want to do that again, I baggie once a month, it helps. I'm gonna start putting more leave-in conditioner on the ends. Thanks again.