Shedding short hairs

ajoke

Hello and a happy Sunday to everyone.

My hair is SL at the back, the front is shorter because I had to get rid of split ends about 2 months ago. So it ranges in length between approximately 5-9inches.
I have eliminated breakage by reducing manipulation and wash once a week and mainly finger comb. My problem is that I am having tons of shed hairs. I know it's normal to shed between 50-100 hairs a day, but is it normal to be shedding 5 inch long hairs?

I check religiously and it's shedded hairs, with the white bulb attached. So is it that my terminal length is so short, or is it that I am shedding such short hair because I have short hair?

Thanks for reading and in anticipation of your responses.

iri9109

if you have hair that ranges from 5-9 inches, the hair that sheds from the 5 inch parts will be 5 inches.

ajoke

iri9109 I do realize that. So I guess no matter how short my hair is I cannot totally eliminate shedding, just reduce it? I guess i am just frustrated, how will my hair grow if it keeps starting from 0!?

kupenda

Shedding is absolutely normal. You must shed. You cannot eliminate shedding, and don't recommend you try. You can reduce it maybe. How long have you been on your hhj? Do some research on shedding. I embrace my shedding because I know it's normal. You should too

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

*CherryPie*

You're not starting from 0. Your hair is just shedding the 50-100 strands per day like everyone does.

@iri9109 I do realize that. So I guess no matter how short my hair is I cannot totally eliminate shedding, just reduce it? I guess i am just frustrated, how will my hair grow if it keeps starting from 0!?