As your hair becomes longer/healthier, do you plan to use heat more often??

How do you feel about direct heat AFTER your reach your goals?

• Heck no, direct heat is the devil!

Votes: 37 22.6%
  • I can't wait to resume using my flat-iron or blow-dryer.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • I'll continue to use direct heat occassionally.

Votes: 120 73.2%
  • I don't even own a flat iron and/or blowdryer anymore.

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I don't plan on increasing direct heat as my hair grows longer. I'll keep it to no more than 2x a month. I will increase no-heat styling as it gets longer. Can't wait until my braidouts look like Sylver's/DLewis's :yep:

Solitude

I feel so bad...I neglected my own thread! I've been so busy with studying for my law school final exams.

Thank you all for your responses! I came back to my senses after I realized that the heat is having a slight affect on my ends....

LaLaa

I would only use it occassionally. I would not want to cause damage to what i achieved over the years.

Solitude

NO! If what I'm doing now is working why would I want to create an unnecessary setback.:wallbash:

Well, I was thinking how many styles that require heat just look so nice. I don't want to become a slave to my hair just to attain length, if that makes sense.....

But, yes, setbacks are a huge concern.

CenteredGirl

My biggest mistake I made when my hair got close to BSL was to go full hog wild on flat irons and protein.

My hair broke off bad.

I am now being more cautious and have changed my regimen completely. Thank goodness my hair is thriving now.

Lesson learned.

Nice Lady

I don't think I will be using direct heat unless I have special occasions. Even when I first started my hair journey, I continued to use direct heat at least 1x a week and I had to get 1.5 inches to 2 inches trimmed off and I was heated. The following relaxer when I refused to use direct heat, I got to keep all my hair without a trim. I learned during this time that Silk Elements Styling Foam with a roller set even on non-wash days would give me the sleek results I wanted(use a drop mixed with castor oil).

Heat is overated if I have to trim every relaxer. Even now, I need to do a length check and I am nervous because I don't want to expose my babies to such suffering. I fell like I am apart of Hair Peta Group or something(Protect the hair, How dare you expose that hair to such abuse?).

Last edited:

Starr1

I rarely use heat on my hair now. . . and when I reach my goal of classic while curly, I seriously doubt that I'll ever use heat then- that being said, I do straighten my hair if the occasion presents itself, but I haven't had an occasion like that in a very long time.

SmilingElephant

I do feel that i will wear my hair down more....but i wouldn't put heat on it every single day now that i know how to wrap really well and i'm good at blowdrying my roots straight enough to get it to last for a week.

But i do want to enjoy my length.

Solitude

Learning how to pin-curl was probably one of the best things that I ever did for my hair. It allows me to have volume or curly styles w/o the heat.

I need to explore more ways to "enjoy my hair" without heat styling. Thanks for all of your responses....