No heat for 1 year? 2006 Challenge?

bajanplums1

I use heat when my new growth is out. Since 2006 is around the bend, I would like to challenge myself to one year sans heat. I think it may be easier now because I have length, so I have something to work with. I can do a air dry rollerset

My biggest concern is when the new growth is out, what to do? Before I would flat iron the new growth.
* Maybe wear felxirod sets so the NG is less obvious?
Any suggestions?
Anyone want to join?
Is there already a challenge like this?

Hi bajanplums,

I've gone over two years with no heat. Braidouts are nice styles when dealing with newgrowth. I often just apply aloe vera gel and wear a bun. The gel gives me nice waves. Good luck....less heat has definitely resulted in healthier hair for me.

bajanplums1 said:
I use heat when my new growth is out. Since 2006 is around the bend, I would like to challenge myself to one year sans heat. I think it may be easier now because I have length, so I have something to work with. I can do a air dry rollerset

My biggest concern is when the new growth is out, what to do? Before I would flat iron the new growth.
* Maybe wear felxirod sets so the NG is less obvious?
Any suggestions?
Anyone want to join?
Is there already a challenge like this?

I already been doing the no heat challenge since 05 but i will join no heat in 06 till i m waistlength

I think I am in, I need to be in. I bet I could reach waistlength by the end of the year if I stop using heat. OK, I am in.

OMG i want to do this challenge so bad! But I dont know what to do when my new growth starts to show :(

flexirod sets???but wouldnt i be using heat??

Back