NO HEAT Challenge!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
This is easy! I'm already in. I've used absolutely NO HEAT since July, 2003, I don't even have a bonnet or dome dryer.

[/ QUOTE ]Same here. I haven't used heat since April 2003.

stevie511

I'm already in...no direct heat for me since May.

stacia

I'm in!
This will be my first challenge since I've joined the lhcf, however I need some help with a roller set. my hair is not bone straight so I really needs some direction as what to do. I tired it once but after sitting under the dryer for an hour and my hair was still wet I couldn't take it any longer! I took the rollers out and pinned it up in a bun.

26INCHHAIR

No blow dryers, curling irons, flatirons, or any heat since 8/23/2003!!! and thats hard cuz i used to do at least 1 of these everyday

Peachtree

I'm gonna sign up too.

This is MUCH too easy for me... Ok, I'll spill the beans... I have an "ABSOLUTE NO HEAT" regime...

I haven't used "direct heat" since Sept 02.
I haven't used "hooded dryer" since April 03, that includes hooded dryer for deep conditioning... instead, I'll just "warm" my conditioner before applying, which works just as good, even better

I like challenges that I can actually do. Just thinking, this means it isn't much of a challenge then...
... oh well,
, I'm still in .... (& rambling
)

jrw

Peachtree,

I have used a blow dryer probably less than 10 times in my life. I haven't used a curling iron in over five years. I don't own a hooded dryer. The last one I used was also over five years ago.

Peachtree

.... & u have all of dat absolutely BEAUUUU-TI-FUL hair proving (at least for u) that a "no heat" regime will pay off!

Do u have any updated pics
?

CocoaCure

This is great! I see many of you have already gone long timeframes with no heat! I bet your hair looks great for it too! Well congratulations! I'm sure I'll get there too! I'll just do a wrap for the holidays, but after that, I'll be back in my bun!! Here's to getting to Bra Strap length first, then waist length!!! Yippy!!!

caramel_essence

Oh Gosh Stacia,
I am just like you! My hair is not bone straight. It is extremely thick and coarse so roller sets have not done me any justice, so I don't know what I'm going to do with my hair. Heat seems to be the only way to tame my hair HOWEVER I am going to give the no heat challenge a try. This will be my very first challenge since I joined as well! I am REALLY going to need some encouragement to stay away from the curling iron because I use it on my daughter's hair as well... sooo I guess that means no heat for her either.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
So, just curious. How did everyone do? I stayed on. Yeah.
I think my hair is thanking me.

Anybody else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I straightened my hair for the Dallas meeting on the 13th so missed the 30 day cutoff by a few days. But prior to that, the last time I used heat was...shoot, when was it? Back in October.

No heat is a good thing! My hair is soooo much healthier without it!

CocoaCure

Well ladies, I'm so ashamed!!! I'm so sorry to report that I fell off the wagon on three separate ocassions! I had a big date with my sweetie for his birthday and he loves my hair down and since it was his birthday, I just had to give in. So great. I failed my own challenge!!! Oh well, I think my hair is still thanking me for the other roughtly 27 days that I didn't use any heat!!! Now that I've said that.......I don't feel like I've failed at all. Now that I think about it, the real purpose and growth of these challenges lies more in the journey than the final outcome, because when we go without heat for any length of time it's soooooo much better than getting up using heat everyday! So this is great! Next time I try to do better! Hope everyone's hair is doing well! (Oh, and I over proteined with Aphogee and that plus this colder weather has been making my hair dry and break and shed,but it's still growing like crazy! It's still the same length and overall looks healthy, but I know it's been breaking. So I'm going to keep it super duper moisturized for the next month, take my biotin, do my surge scalp treatments and see where I am this time next month! Hope you all did well! :)

Armyqt

I caved in and used the blowdrying the day before Thanksgiving. I was almost 4 months post relaxer and didn't want to wear a bun. We went to visit my husband's relatives. Needless to say, my hair looked really good. I took pictures too. Anyway, I was very careful when I did it and suffered no damage from it. Before that it was August since I'd used a blowdryer or curling iron. I have to also admit that I tried to use the blowdryer two days ago (just got relaxed again) and the darn thing broke on me. So now I don't have a blowdryer to use and will not be purchasing one. I'm back on the no heat challenge ladies.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
So, just curious. How did everyone do? I stayed on. Yeah.
I think my hair is thanking me.

Anybody else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I stayed true to the challenge! I'm 15mths & counting without direct heat!!!
In fact, I simply prefer air drying to heat drying/styling ANYDAY!

I'm trying to convince myself that using my hooded dryer for deep conditioning is ok for my hair....
Nawwww, I'll stick to warming my conditioner before applying it