NO HEAT Challenge!!!

CocoaCure

Actually, I should say, the No DIRECT Heat Challenge! OK, here's the rules. I hope I'm not duplicating a Challenge that's already out there, if I am, I apologize and I'll join the existing Challenge. But if not..........here's the rules:

1. NO Curling Iron usage
2. NO Flat-Iron usage
3. NO Blow-drying with comb-attachment or close to your hair WHATSOEVER!!

The only heat we may use is under the bonnet dryer for deep conditioning with a plastic cap on, and under the bonnet dryer for doing a wrap/doobie/Roller Set.

That's it! The heat from the bonnet dryer is in-direct heat. In other words, it's not heat Touching your hair, and it's about 5 inches away.

Anybody want to join me??? Let's hear it for all the "NO-HEATERS"!!! Let's do this Challenge for a month. So from today, 11/17/2003 to 12/17/2003! We can go farther next time! This is just for starting out.

CocoaCure

Let's start today! Let's just go a month at first. Then we can add to it as we like! This will be fun! Actually, I haven't used any heat since I know Oct. 16th which was my last relaxer, I want to see how long I can go, so the official start date will be today and then hopefully I can go a month. I may want to use a little heat at Christmas. But then again, maybe I'll just wrap it to wear it straight and STILL forgo the heat!! This will be fun trying!

Armyqt

I'm in. I haven't used heat in 2 months and I can't believe it. I've always been one to reach for the blowdryer ocassionally. I still found that those ocassional blowdryers uses just fried my ends. So now I'm swearing it off for good!

jellynote

Count me in

CocoaCure

Hi CocoChantel, you wear your hair in a bun. This requires no heat, or you can roll it in those cool Satin rollers, or you can twist it out or braid it out, etc., or you can wrap it! There are a bunch of different and cute compliment-getting ways to wear your hair with no heat! It'll be fun finding new ones too! So are you in???

akua

Sounds good to me! I'll join. I haven't used heat on my hair since my last retouch, which was September. I'm debating whether I should start MSM.

MissMarie23

I'm in! I never blow dry, but I do use the curling iron a few times a month. I think I'll unplug it and put it away so I won't be tempted...

Isis

This is easy! I'm already in. I've used absolutely NO HEAT since July, 2003, I don't even have a bonnet or dome dryer.

Allandra

I know I can't do this challenge. I'm suppose to go to a Dominican salon this week. I haven't had a relaxer touch up since August 9, and I know I'll need my roots blown out (with the hand held hair dryers from hell) after my roller set.

count me in cocoacure. i actually haven't had any direct heat on my hair in 8wks. going a month w/o heat will be a breeze for my. i am actually trying to go 4 mos without heat and a relaxer. giving my hair a break