No Measuring Length Challenge.. Update!!!

Nanyanika

Can't remember what month were on, sorry my brains a little fuzzy. Come on ladies tell me how its going then? i haven't measured yet.. i'm hoping to make it to April 2005. I've just been keeping my hair in protective styles such as buns/twists and using no heat, which has defintely helped prevent me from cheating. anyone had any problems along the way, this is the time to voice your opnions, overall i do hope your finding the challenge quite fun. i'm hoping all you ladies will be posting your after pics at the end of the challenge, it would be very encouraging for many ladies here. i know some of you are on a shorter duration of this challenge please let us know your results any trials/errors, and whether you have learnt anything from the experience? Do you pick up any new tips along the way which may have helped during this challenge.Btw i'm going away on Monday, but so please keep the replies coming in, i hope to read this when i get back, anyway i wish you all, a wonderful Christmas and have a smashing new year. Luvvies

Last edited:
I'm still on this challenge.. I dont know what happened to my measuring tape so thats probably why I havent measured.. I do everything in approximations now.. I'm still using the same regimen.. Feliz Navidad to you too, den1 :)

I am in braids. I am going to do them until the end of the challenge. I am also transitioning so no cheating here.

Okay, I took pictures of airdried hair for the super grow out challange. I am at 16 weeks post and didn't feel like I broke the challange because I did not pull or stretch my hair to check the full length. :confused: I will be going back into braids in a couple of weeks.

I'm still in. I took pics for the Super Grow Out as well. I'm on the bun challenge and I'll be braiding up again next month. No cheating for me!

Glad you ladies are doing well on this challenge, it can prove very difficult without the use of reputable protective styles such as braids, i'm happy some of you are applying this technque to prevent cheating. I still check my hair ends for splits, i don't worry too much about the ends since i still use the baggie method. I continue to take pictures of my unstraightened hair, for explae pomytail, twists, braids and airdrying, this is not cheating as it does not demonstrate true length of hair, so Sharee you on the right track. Thanks for checking in everyone....

im still on it...i do not have any tips...
I"m 8 weeks post relaxer and I'm trying to go for 16 weeks. We'll see. The next time I have a relaxer it'll be time to measure length. I pray I'm pleased with the results in April.

I'll jump in.
I'm only going to measure at the end of every quarter.
So it'll be April 1st.

(maintain.................maintain)

Hi girl, thanks for joining us, have fun and good luck!!!

CatSuga said:
I'll jump in.
I'm only going to measure at the end of every quarter.
So it'll be April 1st.

(maintain.................maintain)

I am still on this challenge and it's nowhere near as hard as I thought it would be. I've never measured, I'm more of a pull down and stretch girl and I haven't even done that. I can definitely make it to April. Good luck ladies!

Ok, we didn't have an update this month but...I kinda slipped on this challenge. You see what had happened was...I am 21 weeks into transitioning and I am sick of buns and ponytails so, I tried an air dried ponytail rollerset (thanks to whoever came up with this idea)! :kiss:
Anyhoo, I was so shocked! It actually looks like I have hair :antlers: (no more wet cat look)! Okay so I look like puff puff cottonball head, but hey its better than looking like hot trash on a rainy day! I'm happy. In my defense I did not stretch the hair or anything so I don't know it's true length but I am happy with what I have so far!!! You ladies here on lhcf are a godsend!

Back