No more sore, itchy, flaky scalp!

Marcia16

Hi Ladies, just wanted to share with you. For 2 months, I have had a sore, itchy & flaky scalp. It felt like my scalp was on fire. It got so bad that I was actually breaking the skin while scratching not knowing that I was doing so. Finally I went to my doctor & explained to her my scalp problem & that I'm trying to grow my hair & gave her my vitamin regimen. She told me that my regimen looks great & I'm taking just the right amounts & not doing an overkill. I gave her my hair regimen & she looked at me like I was on something. She told me to leave my hair alone, stop mixing oils like I'm a scientist, don't oil my scalp it only makes it worse. She recommended that I take a pill called Esssential oils from Puritan Pride, it has fish oil, flaxseed oil & borage oil. And that I take a Vitamin E Complex. She explained to me that by taking these 2 pills that my scalp will receive all the oil it needs to stay healthy & I will have shiny, soft & manageable growing hair. Also my skin will look & feel better. She also recommended a scalp treatment called Aubrey's Calaguala Fren & Cade Tar. Well I brought the scalp treatment & used it & I must say that I LOVE it. My scalp is not on fire, the flakes are gone & it doesn't itch. This is a definite keeper for me. I'm going to try the Essential oils pill & Vitamin E Complex, I know Puritan Pride is having a buy 1 get 2 free sale.

Nacai23

Thanks for the info. I go through the same thing every once in a while. I try what your doctor suggested.

G

I love when people post doctor information then I don't have to go. What is this? Aubrey's Calaguala Fren & Cade Tar.

I use Aubrey's Rose Hip oil but they don't give you a lot for $13.00 so I limit it to use on some fine forehead lines.

I probably will try the other stuff she recommended because I have a problem with Flakes too. I have to admit that, if I use Neutrogena Shampoo and put oil on it before the shampoo, the flakes aren't bad though.

Was your doctor black or white?

sweetcocoa

I totally agree. I haven't oiled my scalp in over 2 years. The frequent use of water keeps my scalp moisturized. Also I take evening primrose oil gel caps.

Marcia16

Thanks Pooh123, I finally found something that works. I have been lurking on this board for over a year now & finally joined a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit that I've tried everything, mixing this oil & that oil & it only made it worse. Someone told me to mix 19 drops of rosemary oil with 4 oz of Jojoba oil, 2oz of castor oil, 1oz of wheatgerm oil & I did it like a fool. This was a terrible thing to do, My scalp was covered with a rash & sores. My doctor said I'm blessed that my hair did not fall out. The point I'm trying to make is be careful, make wise decisions, talk to your doctor who is a professional. You don't know who is giving info to you on this board. It could be a 13 yr old for all you know. I should have known better at my age. I now make wise decisions & use common sense.

Bett1e, the scalp treatment is called Calaguala Fren Cade Tar made by Aubrey's . It's a shampoo for $10.00

G

Thanks. I went to the health food store and didn't see that product by Audrey but I saw tons of others. I will reconsider the EFA's and Vitamin E though.

love2praz

[ QUOTE ]
I totally agree. I haven't oiled my scalp in over 2 years. The frequent use of water keeps my scalp moisturized. Also I take evening primrose oil gel caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree as well! Since I've been rinsing/condition washing daily and taking evening primrose capsules and Vit. E capsules, I no longer have scalp issues. I also do not put any oil directly on my scalp.

I'm glad your scalp problem is solved!!

NYCchild

Marcia, thanks for sharing this, i love it when people find doctors like these. i wish i could
im gona try this. another great post on this wonderful site. i just love all this sharing, no selfish secret keeping
Thanks again marcia

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I went to the health food store and didn't see that product by Audrey but I saw tons of others. I will reconsider the EFA's and Vitamin E though.

[/ QUOTE ]

do a search on www.vitaminshoppe.com. the shampoo is excellent....

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Pooh123, I finally found something that works. I have been lurking on this board for over a year now & finally joined a couple of weeks ago. I have to admit that I've tried everything, mixing this oil & that oil & it only made it worse. Someone told me to mix 19 drops of rosemary oil with 4 oz of Jojoba oil, 2oz of castor oil, 1oz of wheatgerm oil & I did it like a fool. This was a terrible thing to do, My scalp was covered with a rash & sores. My doctor said I'm blessed that my hair did not fall out. The point I'm trying to make is be careful, make wise decisions, talk to your doctor who is a professional. You don't know who is giving info to you on this board. It could be a 13 yr old for all you know. I should have known better at my age. I now make wise decisions & use common sense.

Bett1e, the scalp treatment is called Calaguala Fren Cade Tar made by Aubrey's . It's a shampoo for $10.00

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad your doctor was able to help you. do not call yourself a fool; you were experimenting and it did not work out for you. However, a lot of people have success with that oil formulation.... Everyone is different....

And that shampoo by Aubrey is very effective and gentle....

Zgirl

Marcia

I have been experiencing the same thing
is the scalp treatment a shampoo
and how often did you have to use it?

thanks again for the info

Marcia16

NYCchild, you are welcome, that's what we are suppose to do, share things to help us reach our goals.

Thanks Sherrylove, I did not look at it as experimenting, it's better than calling myself a fool. Also I misspelled the name of the shampoo. It's Calaguala Fern not Calaguala Fren. See I was so happy that something finally worked, I just wanted to share it with my lovely sisters
. By the way , your hair is absolutely gorgeous. You are definetly a role model for the ladies.

Zgirl, It's a shampoo. It states on the bottle you can use everyday but my doctor recommened that I use every 3 days for 2 weeks or until it clears.