No product= soft hair

bluejay47

Just wondering if anyone else notices this. I usually layer on about 2 to 3 products to tame, defrizz, moisturize, strengthen, hold etc. my hair. Well I airdried in a bun today after a hot oil treatment and put absolutely no product (was in a rush), and hair is really soft. Anyone else notice this? Maybe product overkill doing more harm than good....? Or maybe all those products aren't really necessary.

Just my 2 cents. What do ya'll think

I think product overkill doesn't do any good. Usually my hair is the softest when I apply a leave-in and an oil...that's it...no styling products.

I've noticed that.. I use next to nothing on my wet hair (just a lil oil on the hair shaft, i hardly use leave ins) and my hair dries just as soft as it wants to.

i usually dont use anything but shea butter a couple of times a week, but a few times i didnt put anything on my hair and it was extremely soft and shiny

I tried this today and my hair is indeed more softer without the products. The only thing I need tod is deep condition and after that my hair reacts better without anything else go figure.

I noticed my was really soft too after I deep conditioned with humecto(nothing else in my hair)...it was strange. Never knew that could happen...lol.

I've noticed since I've abandoned everything except my beloved unrefined, virgin coconut oil that my hair sheds less, frizzes less, shines more, is softer and just overall acts better.

/images/graemlins/sekret.gif I've been doing this for a while. Just spritzing my hair with my glycerin+distilled water+essential oils+ACV and then sealing that in with a serum and my hair's been softer than even when I was using shea butter. It was while suffering from a serious case of HIH disease (coz my hair was irresistibly soft) that I noticed how well defined my 4A/B pen springs were at the end of my twists. /images/graemlins/grin.gif So for this non-PJ, this minimal product use seems to be working well. /images/graemlins/sekret.gif

I do this all the time! I am not into putting a million products into my hair. I shampoo, condition and then don't rinse my conditoner all the way out. My hair is great. The only time more gets put into it is when I'm at the salon.

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if anyone else notices this. I usually layer on about 2 to 3 products to tame, defrizz, moisturize, strengthen, hold etc. my hair. Well I airdried in a bun today after a hot oil treatment and put absolutely no product (was in a rush), and hair is really soft. Anyone else notice this? Maybe product overkill doing more harm than good....? Or maybe all those products aren't really necessary.

Just my 2 cents. What do ya'll think

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't work for me. My hair is way too fine and if I don't use products to weigh it down a little it will look a flyaway dry hot mess. I'm sure that's not the case with thicker hair, though.

Back