NOAH'S ARK A MAN ACTUALLY BUILT IT AS IT SAID IN THE BIBLE

blazingthru

Subject: NOAH'S ARK
Man builds working replica of Noah's Ark (exact scale given in Bible) in Schagen, Netherlands

The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was opened to the first crowd of curious townsfolk to behold the wonder. Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark, built by Dutch creationist, Johan Huibers, as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible.

The ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house. Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold.

A contractor by trade, Huibers built the ark of cedar and pine. Biblical Scholars debate exactly what the wood used by Noah would have been.

Huibers did the work mostly with his own hands, using modern tools and with occasional help from his son, Roy. Construction began in May 2005. On the uncovered top - deck not quite ready in time for the opening - will ome a petting zoo, with baby lambs, chickens, goats and one camel.

Visitors on the first day were stunned. 'It's past comprehension,' said Mary Louise Starosciak, who happened to be bicycling by with her husband while on vacation when they saw the ark looming over the local landscape.

'I knew the story of Noah, but I had no idea the boat would have been so big ' There is enough space near the keel for a 50-seat film theater where kids can watch a video that tells the story of Noah and his ark. Huibers, a Christian man, said he hopes the project will renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands, where church-going has fallen dramatically in the past 50 years.

Odontyouwish

[FONT="Century[SIZE="3"]Saw this about a year ago...I was like this is so cool. Wonder what the athiests have to say about this? :grin:[/SIZE] Gothic"][/FONT]

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:wow: and I do mean :wow:

This is just too magnificent for words....

:wow:

Now, I am impressed.......'very'.

:wow:

queen928

You know how when you read things you try to picture them in your mind. I did that with Noah's Ark but I never imagined that it would actually look like that. So amazing....I wanna go see it in person now. I also tried to picture The Tent of the Lord's Presence, The Covenant Box, the lids, the bowls, the altars, and everything else. With all the bronze, gold, and silver I'm sure that it was a beautiful place.

cutiebe2

This looks so cool! Now I want to go there. It was probably fun to live in the arch...although very smelly :giggle:

blazingthru

You know how when you read things you try to picture them in your mind. I did that with Noah's Ark but I never imagined that it would actually look like that. So amazing....I wanna go see it in person now. I also tried to picture The Tent of the Lord's Presence, The Covenant Box, the lids, the bowls, the altars, and everything else. With all the bronze, gold, and silver I'm sure that it was a beautiful place.

Yes me too. I always try to imagine what the ark looks like not the boat but the box where everything is forgive me but thats the only name that comes to me. I can't remember for the world. but it has the angels on top of it. I really wanted to invision what it looks like.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Yes me too. I always try to imagine what the ark looks like not the boat but the box where everything is forgive me but thats the only name that comes to me. I can't remember for the world. but it has the angels on top of it. I really wanted to invision what it looks like.

Cherubim, the Ark of the Covenant which houses manna, the staff of Moses and the 10 Commandments, which is reported to be hiding out in Ethiopia.

I just get so excited by these things!!!!!!!!:bouncegre:bouncegre:trampolin BTW, the Ark pic is a replica, not the real one lolol

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Wow, I was ready to come in here and say he has too much time on his hands :lol: but I see a brotha was serious and he did that thing! Thanks for sharing. :)

blazingthru

Cherubim, the Ark of the Covenant which houses manna, the staff of Moses and the 10 Commandments, which is reported to be hiding out in Ethiopia.

I just get so excited by these things!!!!!!!!:bouncegre:bouncegre:trampolin BTW, the Ark pic is a replica, not the real one lolol

I know you can you imagine seeing the real thing and whats inside of it. I can't wait to see all the wonders of the past. I believe I am going to make it I am determine.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I know you can you imagine seeing the real thing and whats inside of it. I can't wait to see all the wonders of the past. I believe I am going to make it I am determine.

This from a priest in Ethiopia, but you cannot look at it, let alone, touch it. It's very powerful, bright shining power like mirrors and no one but those priests who were taken as children to be protectors have ever seen it. You can't just look at it. I was shocked to hear those words from the priest. It's still powerful:yep:.