THE STINK OR THE STORM?

Prudent1

"Let My Prayer Be...As Incense."
Ps 141:2 NKJV

Noah's ark is a picture of your church; it wasn't a luxury liner. Can you imagine spending a year in that ark with all those animals, and just one window? But Noah had only two options - the stink or the storm. What's the point? There are no perfect churches! Furthermore, if you found one and joined it, you'd ruin it! We all love to talk about the power of the New Testament church, but what about its problems? They had hypocrites. Remember Ananias and Sapphira? They had financial scandals (See Ac 5). They had doctrinal differences that almost split the church down the middle (See Ac 15). And they had moral problems. They actually had a man belonging to the Corinthian church who was sleeping with his stepmother (See 1Co 5). So what should you do when there's a big stink in your church? First, don't spread it. " And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins" (1Pe 4:8 NKJV). Second, work for reconciliation. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him , saving your critical comments for yourself" (Gal 6:1 TM). Third, burn incense. When the lamps in the tabernacle were snuffed out each evening they left a bad smell. So God commanded Moses to burn incense. Don't be discouraged when "flesh acts like flesh." And don't be part of the problem by being immature, be part of the solution. The Psalmist said: "Let my prayer be set before You as incense." When problems arise in your church, you should pray, walk according to God's Word, and believe Him to bring good out of the situation.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
IA. So long as there are PEOPLE in any church, no matter the size, they is gon be problemz :lol: ... Being a solution (not contributing to a problem or simply criticizing) surely would please God... yeppers.

sidney

"Let My Prayer Be...As Incense."
Ps 141:2 NKJV

Noah's ark is a picture of your church; it wasn't a luxury liner. Can you imagine spending a year in that ark with all those animals, and just one window? But Noah had only two options - the stink or the storm. What's the point? There are no perfect churches! Furthermore, if you found one and joined it, you'd ruin it! We all love to talk about the power of the New Testament church, but what about its problems? They had hypocrites. Remember Ananias and Sapphira? They had financial scandals (See Ac 5). They had doctrinal differences that almost split the church down the middle (See Ac 15). And they had moral problems. They actually had a man belonging to the Corinthian church who was sleeping with his stepmother (See 1Co 5). So what should you do when there's a big stink in your church? First, don't spread it. " And above all things have fervent love for one another, for love will cover a multitude of sins" (1Pe 4:8 NKJV). Second, work for reconciliation. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him , saving your critical comments for yourself" (Gal 6:1 TM). Third, burn incense. When the lamps in the tabernacle were snuffed out each evening they left a bad smell. So God commanded Moses to burn incense. Don't be discouraged when "flesh acts like flesh." And don't be part of the problem by being immature, be part of the solution. The Psalmist said: "Let my prayer be set before You as incense." When problems arise in your church, you should pray, walk according to God's Word, and believe Him to bring good out of the situation.

This was fantastic, and I believe that this is what pleases God, he says "First of all prayer." Not complaints, not leaving, but prayer! It's easy to complain. It's easy to leave, but we have to be committed to what God loves, and that is his church! No one said it would be easy, but we must stand up for truth and lovingly correct our brothers as you have stated. I just finished reading this book, and it has revolutionized my understanding of the committment to the body of Christ. Josh Harris, changed my whole view of dating, with his book "I kissed dating Goodbye." This book has done the same, It's called, "Stop Dating the Church." That is the function of the church and the benefit of being surrounded with other believers. Josh Harris mentioned that poor guy that was sleeping with his mother (step mother) in the book. This poor guy's theology was obviously off somewhere, but Paul emphasized that he needed to be corrected. Please, read it, both if you haven't everyone! I highly recommend them.