Nobody Every Used Wild Growth Oil?!...

Alpha Female

Ladies, why when I do a thread search on 'wild growth oil,' nothing comes up? I know some product junkie somewhere has to have tried this! So what's the verdict? Besides the smell, does it actually work? The sales lady at Sally's said that it does - that customers say it helps you grow longer, stronger, thicker hair. I looked at the ingredient list on the back, and it contains products like olive oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, choline, inositol, vitamins, etc. Sounds like good stuff. Anybody try it?

bluefolli

I tried it...I can't say that it works because when I used it, I was using so many other things along with it. It didn't stop my initial growth...I think I will pick some more up this week. Also, the empty bottle is good for re-use of applying your other oils.

BTW, try to search WGO. That should pull up something.

Valerie

I noticed that whenever I went to the sauna, and I put it in my hair, my hair was much softer and it did help my hair greater.

imstush

I love WGO. I used to use it all the time before the board. When I started on the board I would mix it with my MTG. Now I am back to just using WGO.

lana

Well I used WGO and I can't say it increased my hair growth rate at all, but it does soften the new growth. :yep:

prospurr4

I've used WGO and still have half a bottle in my stash. IMO, it's nothing special, especially for the price tag and the smell. I certainly won't buy it again.

I much prefer extra virgin coconut oil and castor oil.

Last edited:

SpyCats

Although I have not been using WGO, I still believe that it's the best oil ever, smell and all. It didn't make my hair "grow" perse but it did soften my hair and it's gave it a wonderful sheen. I love it!

chellero

Wife Supremacist
When I first picked up WGO I hated the smell, but now I like it. I think it's because that's the smell of soft hair with moisture sealed in all day.
:yep:

neenee280

Been using it for years...I love it. It softens the ng but I am noticeing coconut can do the the same job.

ubavka123

This is one of my staples. I have strayed many times and regretted it. Nothing softens my hair like WGO. I have Amla, Vatika, Karite (shea), EVOO--but I keep going back to the WGO. It is the best. The others have their place in my regimen, but WGO is king!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I tried it...I can't say that it works because when I used it, I was using so many other things along with it. It didn't stop my initial growth...I think I will pick some more up this week. Also, the empty bottle is good for re-use of applying your other oils.

BTW, try to search WGO. That should pull up something.

Ditto. I bought 2 bottles of it and used the first bottle. I really didn't see any results. I started using the second bottle and ended up giving it to my mommy. I also use my empty bottle for other oils too. I currenty some Amla oil in my old WGO bottle. But, unlike bluefolli, I don't think I'll be buying another bottle of WGO. It just didn't do anything for me.

beana

I used this before i started OD'ing on every lil thing on the board... my hair was always thick healthy and long....

Thinking about picking up another bottle, especially for the winter when my scalp goes haywire. The only negative is that my bf is gonna hate me!!! (the smell doesnt bother me, but i can easily see how it offends others)

favorc

Its okay. It does soften the ng but I don't think it did anything as far as growth. I'm thinking about trying BT.

blackbarbie

Been using it for years...I love it. It softens the ng but I am noticeing coconut can do the the same job.

Ditto!
I purchased it before I found Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil. It is good for smoothing my edges down when I pull my hair back in a bun and it does givve a really nice sheen, but at neenee280 said, Coconut Oil gives the same results.....(oh, don't know about the growth properties)

sugarose

I think I am one of the few ppl who has seen good growth with WGO. I love it!! I no longer use it because it takes some doing to get it but I did see growth when I used to use it.