Non-Chemical Relaxers!!!

Tchutchuca

sengschick,
are you saying that I can use this product as a leave-in in texturized hair and do not use any heat (blow drier, flat iron).

sengschick

The Bun Master
@ Super:

@ Tchutchuca: I'm texturized. I use it as a leave-in and I don't use heat. I don't wear my hair straight though either. I'm doing braid and twist-outs. The next time I texturize, it'll be corrected and I should be able to wash n' wear the curls. I may even be able to do an air dry bun like SuperGirl and get it to straighten that way. But, my dear texturized sister, you know all definitions of "texturized" are not equal. Some people have hair that is fully relaxed, but still curls which they call 'texturized'. Others still have a good amount of natural-ness (aka kink) left in their hair and call it 'texturized' as well. So I'm not saying that I put the balm in MY hair and it goes straight. It smoothes the hair out and helps w/management & the one thing I've noticed is that I don't have issues managing new growth, it all blends and is all easily managable. As I tried to explain in another post, it relaxes and smoothes the strands, but doesn't alter the texture of the hair, since it's not a chemical, esp not type 4. If the hair coils or curls by nature or b/c of chemical process, that what it's going to do.

Tchutchuca

Thank you for your explanation. I beleive that it is what I am looking for, since I do not want my hair straight, just easy to deal, you know?

CheerBear

I'm going to say this without looking past the first page of posts, so hopefully I dont repeat information...Vidal Sassoon makes ( if not discontinued) straightening balm that I used to use in high school. It works wonders on my thick 4a hair! It's very thick and creamy in consistency, too me, it worked as a leave in, a straightening agent and pomade. Good stuff...expensive though, i think nit was around 12 dollars for 5 oz