Non-Crunchy Gels

inthepink

I hate to start yet another "gel" thread but I am curious to find out some of your experiences with gel as a main styling product.

Right now, gel IS my main styling product. Nothing else works the same as my Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel. However, lately, I've been experiencing some crunchiness with it...and I know it's b/c I use more than I used to (more natural hair, more gel). I can get some of the crunch out if I smooth over my hair as it dries but sometimes I forget and it gets a little too stiff.

So, are there any gels out that that you can use that do not get crunchy even if you use a lot? And I don't mean pomades like Let's Jam or liquidy glaze gels like Feels Like Silk but real, true gels. Anyone?

If not, what are some of your techniques to avoid the crunchy factor?

Long aid curl activator gel works well on my natural 3B new growth. it has aloe vera and glycerin in it. Doesn't make my hair crunchy at all.

Tai

Have you tried Jessicurl rockin' ringlets? It's supposed to have natural ingredients and not be crunchy

inthepink

Thanks Tai - I'm trying to stay away from ordering products online but her stuff is definitely interesting.

I will probably try some type of curl activator gel in the future and see how they work out. I don't want to use them continuously and get "addicted" to the glycerin but maybe once in a while wouldn't be so bad.

Right now, I'm going to give aloe vera gel and vitamin e gel a try.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!

TBird

Its not really a gel I guess but I use Elasta QP's glaze. It really smoothes my newgrowth, it never gets hard or flakes, and leaves my hair very soft with the hold of a gel and shiny.