Not-So Hardcore Year Long Protective Challenge

dicapr

I was wondering if any ladies would like to join me in a year long protective style challenge. I usually end up being a challenge drop out because I get board and there are so many restrictions that they do not allow me enough cheat room. I am hoping that this challenge will allow me to retain maximum growth with enough wiggle room to keep me on board for the entire year. So here are the rules to my Not-So Hardcore Challenge.

1. Protective styles for this challenge are styles that tuck under the length of your hair. Any style that tucks under the length of your hair is o.k. This should lend itself to variety and invention, hopefully.

2. Direct Heat is permitted once a month. This allows for blowouts, presses, flatirons, ect. Indirect heat can be used on your normal schedule.

3. Two passes are allowed per month-one for a semi protective style and one for a non protective style. For this challenge, semi protective styles allow the ends to be exposed but they do not touch your shoulders. Straw sets, shrunken fros, puffs, ponytails, updos with the ends exposed are semi protective and allowed once a month. The other pass is for a non protective style. This allows two occations where the hair is allowed to be exposed.

4. The Challenge goes from July 1, 2008 to July 1, 2009. Pictures should be posted for a starting point sometime in July and then at the end of the challenge. Any styling ideas and photos would be a great idea. I am hoping that our passes will get us through the holidays and special events without too much trama or having to drop out of the challenge.

I want to retain 5-5.5 of my 6 inches this year. I believe with this challenge I will be able to do this!

JustKiya

I like - true, I wear protective style 99.8% of the time now, but I've been trying to talk myself into trying more new styles, and so forth - this sounds fun!

dicapr

Thanks! I wear alot of protective styles, then I fall off the band wagon and ruin my progress. I am poised for APL around November this year, and would like to be BSL this time next year.

lilsparkle825

what styles are you talking? i was all for it till i saw the semi-protective part. my hair is long enough for a curly ponytail (albeit one of the ones i make fun of girls for rocking) but pretty much nothing else unless i add in some pre-grown hair...so i usually do the thing in my sig in a less shrunken state.

dicapr

what styles are you talking? i was all for it till i saw the semi-protective part. my hair is long enough for a curly ponytail (albeit one of the ones i make fun of girls for rocking) but pretty much nothing else unless i add in some pre-grown hair...so i usually do the thing in my sig in a less shrunken state.

If your hair is not long enough to tuck, a ponytail would be fine. However, when you gain enough length to tuck the ends under, you would switch to tucking except for 2 days a month.

charmtreese

I'm in!!! I already wear protective styles...but I was thinking one more year and I will be at my goal length w/out layers. :yep::yep:

I'm getting my touch-up on July 17th so I will post my starting pic then.