Now what? Help pls..

Need2gro

Hope u ladies can help me!

I have Porous hair, but when I use Roux PC my hair seems to dry even faster after i've washed it. :perplexed I usually use it after I have conditioned my hair, and I only leave it for the stipulated time.

Now, I also seem to have moisture overload. I usually use Aphogee 2step followed up with the Aphogee moisturizing shampoo. I do this every 3 wks, and yet doesnt feel like its doing anything. Is there another protein that I can use? I've tried Henna, but that dries my hair out like crazy! I currently use Tresemme smooth and silky conditioner which gives me incredible slip.

I wash and set my hair every 4-5 days. Co-washing = Splitz galore for me.

Any ideas? My hair has me confuzzled at the mo.

Thanks.

westNDNbeauty

Moisture overload. I've never experienced it, but I hear it leaves your hair mushy.

So you are saying when you use the Aphogee 2 step and the moisture shampoo, you hair still feels mushy?

Also, do you follow your henna with a DC? Henna WILL leave your hair hard. You must follow with a moisture rich DC to combat the dry hair.

Need2gro

Moisture overload. I've never experienced it, but I hear it leaves your hair mushy.

So you are saying when you use the Aphogee 2 step and the moisture shampoo, you hair still feels mushy?

Also, do you follow your henna with a DC? Henna WILL leave your hair hard. You must follow with a moisture rich DC to combat the dry hair.

Yeah, even after the 2step and moisture shampoo my hair still stretches ALOT! I did DC after Henna, sometimes for 2-3 hrs, but :nono: I'm too scared to Henna again.

westNDNbeauty

I say protective style your hair and leave it be. As long as it is not breaking when you stretch it, your hair should be ok after a few days of moisture evaporating.

Hopefully, those that have experienced this will chime in.

Misshairdiva

I was using Roux PC and switched over to Roux Moisture Recovery. I know you say its moisture overload but try the Moisture Recovery. I used the Roux PC for over a year, did the switch and now my hair looks and feels better then ever!