NYC salons?

New2me

Hi ladies,

I'm thinking of going natural(I'm 15 or so weeks post)and I wanted to get on the hunt for a natural hair care salon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

Lute

Salons that focus on natural hair. Is like looking for unicorn in nyc

In my natural hair care journey. I have been 3 salons.

Georgia NY - Soho: The stylist was pretty gentle. I had a braided cornrow mohawk with a bang. Wash and deep treatment totalling 270. : / Its over

Salon Bohemia - Brooklyn. :( I regret going there. The stylist didnt know how to handle 4b hair. But she knew how to trim though. i think i spent 90..

Tamika - in the Rockaways. When I got my twists done... I spent about 80/90 bucks..and with traveling to her.. which was tough. :( The distance.. didnt make it worth it.

Why are you interested in a natural hair care salon?

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I interviewed three different salons that specialize in natural hair care in NY. Two are in Manhattan and one is in Brooklyn. Which borough do you prefer and which types of services are you targeting?

New2me

Salons that focus on natural hair. Is like looking for unicorn in nyc

In my natural hair care journey. I have been 3 salons.

Georgia NY - Soho: The stylist was pretty gentle. I had a braided cornrow mohawk with a bang. Wash and deep treatment totalling 270. : / Its over

Salon Bohemia - Brooklyn. :( I regret going there. The stylist didnt know how to handle 4b hair. But she knew how to trim though. i think i spent 90..

Tamika - in the Rockaways. When I got my twists done... I spent about 80/90 bucks..and with traveling to her.. which was tough. :( The distance.. didnt make it worth it.

Why are you interested in a natural hair care salon?

I'm looking for a natural hair care salon for a stylistic who will understand my journey. My current stylist is not thrilled about my change.

New2me

I interviewed three different salons that specialize in natural hair care in NY. Two are in Manhattan and one is in Brooklyn. Which borough do you prefer and which types of services are you targeting?

I live in the north end of the Bronx but I'm willing to travel if I can find a good salon.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I live in the north end of the Bronx but I'm willing to travel if I can find a good salon.

Ok. Here are the three that I checked out:

For all salons, I HIGHLY recommend doing a consultation FIRST before selecting a stylist. I have natural hair but I wanted a salon that was versatile enough help me with curly options as well as straight (rollersets, flat ironing). Your needs may be different so I urge you to get straight what are expectations are before you go.

1) Turning Heads Salon & Spa
218 Lenox Avenue @ 121st Street
New York, NY 10027
(Tel.) 212 828-4600

A big plus is their website features a basic price list broken down for naturals and chemical services.

2) Wellington Hair Spa
119 W 23rd Street, Suite 501
New York, NY 10011 (between 6th and 7th Avenue)
212-206-7962

3) Khamit Kinks (they just moved so you may have to call for new address)
Brooklyn, NY

This shop was very nice and I found the stylist very helpful. They seemed to be strictly natural with only color as a chemical service (no relaxers or straightening services)

I liked all three for different reasons, so selection is very personal. I hope this helps!

New2me

Ok. Here are the three that I checked out:

For all salons, I HIGHLY recommend doing a consultation FIRST before selecting a stylist. I have natural hair but I wanted a salon that was versatile enough help me with curly options as well as straight (rollersets, flat ironing). Your needs may be different so I urge you to get straight what are expectations are before you go.

1) Turning Heads Salon & Spa
218 Lenox Avenue @ 121st Street
New York, NY 10027
(Tel.) 212 828-4600

A big plus is their website features a basic price list broken down for naturals and chemical services.

2) Wellington Hair Spa
119 W 23rd Street, Suite 501
New York, NY 10011 (between 6th and 7th Avenue)
212-206-7962

3) Khamit Kinks (they just moved so you may have to call for new address)
Brooklyn, NY

This shop was very nice and I found the stylist very helpful. They seemed to be strictly natural with only color as a chemical service (no relaxers or straightening services)

I liked all three for different reasons, so selection is very personal. I hope this helps!

Thank u so much. Will be looking into all three hopefully i will find a salon home