October 2022: Hits & Misses

naturalyogini

Hit
Aestelance
Mud mask . I only left it in 3 minutes in the shower. My hair felt amazing. Expensive as hell, but an investment.
Hydrate leave in. Glycerin is the 2nd ingredient. My hair loves glycerin.. and it loves this conditioner. When I was relaxed I used the balm leave-in. As a natural this one is better.

My twists are drying soft and juicy.

colorful_coils

Hits
SheScentIt Plum Nectar & Agave Leave-In & Styling Yogurt: Very moisturizing. I have thick, collarbone-length hair and I don't need a lot to cover my entire head. I don't like using it alone for twist-outs as it doesn't have enough hold for that, but it defines the hair beautifully so it's excellent paired with a mousse or gel for a wash-n-go.

Mielle Organics Pomegranate and Honey Curl Defining Mousse and The Doux Mousse Def Texture Foam: reviewing these two together because I've compared them multiple times, and seen extremely similar results each time. With the right curl creams, I get medium hold, soft wash-n-go's with these mousses. The Doux is slightly more elongating, whereas Mielle clumps a bit better. Both give me a good amount of volume.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Misses

Phillip Kingsley products I tried today. Not worth the money. The only moisturizing product was the extreme moisture conditioner on wash out.

hit.
my revair air for stretched hair in under 30 minutes. My whole head is just about 96% dry which is okay with me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
New Hit!:
Redken Acidic Bonding Leave-In

Continued Hits - in no particular order:
Olaplex 0
Olaplex 3
Olaplex 5
Olaplex 6
Olaplex 8
Curlsmith Salve
Curlsmith Cleansing Conditioner

Continued Great Hits:
Curls Blueberry & Mint Scalp Tea
Komaza Protein Treatment
APB Keratin Protein Treatment
HennaSooq Cleansing Conditioners
Camille Rose Cleansing Milks
Mizani Night time and Mizani H2 O Rose

oneastrocurlie

Miss
Adowa Mulberry hair conditioner lotion/spray. Too light for my hair. It's made for fine hair which mine is, but not enough moisture for me. It is pink in a pink bottle with pieces of fruit in it. Has a very fruity smell. Texture is a very light lotion

Thanks for sharing. Their IG stories got me pressed. Lol. Have you used Melanin Hair care's Leave in? I thought that was too light for me. Wondering if it's similar to that.

naturalyogini

Thanks for sharing. Their IG stories got me pressed. Lol. Have you used Melanin Hair care's Leave in? I thought that was too light for me. Wondering if it's similar to that.

I love melaninhaircare leave-in. I use it as a conditioner, cowash and leave-in. It is thicker than Adowa spray. Leaves my hair super moisturized.

oneastrocurlie

I love melaninhaircare leave-in. I use it as a conditioner, cowash and leave-in. It is thicker than Adowa spray. Leaves my hair super moisturized.

Oh interesting. Now that you say it's lighter they did say it was a cream to spray product. Sounds like I should pass on it .

(can't make myself any promises lol)

naturalyogini

Hits so far
Ag hair Rose balm cream
Ag Hair coconut moisturizing hair spray.
Both make my gray hair on the sides and front soft. Adding these to my black Friday list.

Qhemet biologics coco detangling ghee. Oldie but goodie. First time my hair dried moisturized. Maybe this is my winter product.

Update: The qhemet didn't work when my hair was completely dry. It was a dry frizzy mess. I had to rewash my hair. It was only a sample. Trying the Moringa conditioner next time.

Last edited:

naturalyogini

Major Miss
Curls and potions deep repair mask. As I wS putting this on, my hair felt like straw. After applying I checked the pH. It was 3.0. Way to low for a conditioner. My scalp started to burn. I immediately re washed my hair.

I bought the restore shampoo Conditioner and scalp drops as a bundle from Amazon. So everything goes back.

Currently sitting under heating cap with Amika Soulfood on. Hopefully this will put moisture back in my hair. Unfortunately C&P conditioners just don't work for me.

HealthyHair2020

This Adwoa Blue Tansy line continues to be a hit! Their deep conditioner makes my hair so soft and the slip with water is great.

Adwoa Blue Tansy Shampoo and Melanin Shampoo continues to be amazing at cleaning my hair. The adwoa shampoo also makes my hair really soft.

Reaaaallly curious about the Adwoa Blue Tansy Leave-In now.

naturalyogini

Epic fails
Curl Smith
cleansing conditioner
Double moisture cream conditioner
Hold me softly styling balm

My hair felt nice wet. But it dried hard and rough. Samples go back. Moving on...

oneastrocurlie

This Adwoa Blue Tansy line continues to be a hit! Their deep conditioner makes my hair so soft and the slip with water is great.

Adwoa Blue Tansy Shampoo and Melanin Shampoo continues to be amazing at cleaning my hair. The adwoa shampoo also makes my hair really soft.

Reaaaallly curious about the Adwoa Blue Tansy Leave-In now.

Do you have the Baomint one? To me performance wise they are the same. Blue Tansy is a thickums though. I like the smell of the blue tansy one better. For me, I won't need both in my stash but will continue with the blue tansy after I finished the Baomint one up.