OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

Smiley79

(This is not a challenge)

Hey Ladies, I thought it would be a great idea if we had a designated home for our half-wig lovers to share pics and style recommendations. I've been noticing a LOT of posts here and there from members interested in certain half wigs or tips about them so they can incorporate it into their protective styling rotation. Especially with many of us transitioners, finding a half-wig that allows easy blending can be challenging. Or, even if you simply need a new look for the weekend and want a different style real quick, these HW can sure come in handy. I'm no half wig expert..I'm still getting my feet wet in that area, but I'm more than happy to share pics as I go along and I invite any of you who love them to also share your pics or faves in this thread that way we'll one spot to go to for everything half-wigs. (Please include the name of the wig, the color and where you purchased it) HTH and HHG everyone!

Last edited:

SelfStyled

They are all in color 1B

Motown LG-28 This wig matches my hair to a "T". I got this from clairhair.com

This is a half wig I made using Kinky Straight hair that I bought from www.hisandhers.com
Tutorial on how I made it....http://public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/2009/wig-making/homeade-kinky-strai/

This is Outre Yasmine- I got it from Hairsisters.com

More pics here....http://public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/2009/wigshalf-wigs--lace/half-wigs/

I have found half wigs to be a great protective style, they allow me to keep up with my regimen, and they are a nice break from bunning. Most of the time I just wear my 1/2 wigs with a headband, but lately I have been blending them a little bit more. I always take the combs out and baby pin it on.

Last edited:

eyunka

Here are a couple of styles, I don't have any tricks. I like the freetress brand the best. Its the closest to my hair texture and i like the combs in the inside

Milano

Toronto

Last edited:

Smiley79

SelfStyled, what took you so long? I was waiting for you girl!!!! LOL. This is like your playground over here, lol.

Alright Eyunka! Sounds good.

briana87

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been searching all over the forum for tips and info. So far I've found a lot of stuff that helps. The only thing I need now is a recommendation for a site that sells half wigs at a really good price. Most of the stores in my area only carry lacefronts.

Smiley79

Half Wig lovers, incase you haven't already seen it, Hairsisters is still having that $1.99 promotion. I think that's an awesome deal. I placed an order for 2 wigs at $17.99 each and I only paid my $1.99 for shipping. You know your girl was super happy! So take advantage of the special if you order from them. www.hairsisters.com

Barbie83

bayougirl, I've heard that blackhairspray.com was also a good spot to find half wigs, as well as hairsisters.com

LaToya28

Ok ladies, here goes! I have more, but I don't want to take up too much space. I order most of my wigs from hairsisters, but I've also ordered a couple from ebonyonline.

"Malibu Twist" by Glance Model Model (both pics)

"TM-153" by Modu Trading Co.

"LG-22" by Motown Tress

"Coconut Girl" by Freetress (both pics)

"Evony" by Outre

"Vanilla Girl" by Freetress

"Jessica" by Outre

"Angie" by Outre

"HZ-7029" by Sensationnel

SelfStyled

Eyunka- I love Milano girl -one of my favs.

Smiley your are so photogenic- I love that HZ7047- it looks gorgeous on you

Kandake- How are you wearing your hair these days?

Loca Where the pics at?

LatoyaYou look great in curls. I am holding you responible for my purchase of Outre Jewelry yesterday. Your pic sold me.

Last edited:

camilla

latoya,selfstyled AND eyunka U all did your thing!!!! haute^^^^avi sensational HZ-7049 it was almost waist i cut it to bsl
VVV is curly sensational HZ-7047
both 17.99
will post more pics later :grin:

Attachments

• curly wig.jpg
    curly wig.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

*Frisky*

Pictures of Carmen..she is a full cap wig. In the last pic I swooped it to the side and made a twisted kind of bun.

iaec06

I love quik weaves especially when I am stretching my relaxer here are a few pics with me in my beloved monifa in # 1 and the pic with me in the brown dress is grenada girl .. my daughter runs around the house in that one . but the outre moifa is a dream come true for me in all the thesse pics I was at least 6 plus weeks post and they looked fab on me .

iaec06

Here are a couple of styles, I don't have any tricks. I like the freetress brand the best. Its the closest to my hair texture and i like the combs in the inside

Milano

I love the milano but I would have to trim some of the length a bit it will be something to replace my monifa when my hair gets longer .

]

LadyRaider

I've been trying to find something short like my hair. But the pickings are slim! So how do you guys act at work when people say... wow your hair is longer? I don't want to feel self-conscious I just want to leave my own hair alone for a while!

iaec06

I've been trying to find something short like my hair. But the pickings are slim! So how do you guys act at work when people say... wow your hair is longer? I don't want to feel self-conscious I just want to leave my own hair alone for a while!
well I had a teacher at my child's school ( white) say to me "wow your hair grew over the weekend " she was very rude with it aswell and I said with a smile "why thank you" and "I guess you do not watch Opera":grin:

Smiley79

I get that all the time...i joke with my co-workers and I say I switched up my Hat today!!! They start laughing and I can't help but giggle. It's like a fun accessory...I get to match up my hair style with what I'm wearing or what I'm doing that day. :yep:

LadyLeoSmile

This is what I was thinking as well. I don't want to have to get ignant, yes I said ignant, with anyone at work! lol These folk at my job don't have filters on their mouths, and when I respond in kind I'll be looked at as the ABW