Motown Tress Half Wig; sharing protective styling options

Smiley79

(update to the picture link, it's www.hairwegrow-again.com)

Hey fam. just wanted to share pics of my MotownTress half wig that I've been using through my transitioning process. Thank God for half wigs for helping me keep my hands OUT my hair.:lachen:As I get any more wigs or pics, I'll share them. :)

Last edited:

Smiley79

Thanks Pookie. Half wigs are now my BFF; I've been rockin' them for some months now, so I'm looking forward to switching things up a bit and giving them a rest but I do love the convenience and cost effectiveness of them!

LongTimeComing

I have this wig. Looks good on you.

I usually wore it with a headband or pulled into a side pony. I like it pulled back though.

Barbie83

very pretty! You have me seriously considering a half-wig as a winter protective style :scratchch:

Smiley79

very pretty! You have me seriously considering a half-wig as a winter protective style :scratchch:

Barbie...I think it's great to have in your stash like an accessory and it doubles as protective styling...I love it girl, I think you will too. and it feels so lightweight versus that hat-feeling of a full wig.

Smiley79

Very pretty. :yep: I need to get one. Are they easy to apply?

Thanks girl...yes, EXTREMELY easy. Just slide the combs in the front and back of your ahead, adjust it on your head and blend the front with a little of your own hair. Plus there tons of tutorials on Youtube from ladies who are so good at blending their wigs and styling.

shandaw

I like half wigs but I am terrible at putting on wigs. I am going to have to practice over the long holiday. I bought a wig on friday, she put it on me at the stoer and it looked fine. I get the wig home and I can't make it look right to save my life. It ended up being played with by my daughter, she left it on the chair and then the dog got it. LOL

Smiley79

LOL...that's what I ended up doing to one of the half wigs i bought a while back...it was just not flattering on me at all...so i tossed it over to my daughter and now it's in her playbin to play dressup, lol.