Ojon anyone?

swalker31

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and really excited to get the result you all have. Long story short, all the relaxer has been clipped away and I've been natural for 8 months now. So the sew-in is out and the sales rep at Sephora talked me into this Ojon restorative treatment. I wanted to know if anyone else has used this product before I move forward in using it. Pleez help a sista out! I'm a little mad a myself, because I saw a great pre-poo recipe on this thread somewhere and I already bought the EVOO, Raw Honey, Aloe Vera Juice Avocado Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba and Castor Oil. So should I return the Ojon or is it a keeper?

Last edited:

Mrs. Verde

Hi & welcome. I haven't used this product myself. However, I remember reading several posts about this product. If memory serves me correctly most of the reviews were very good. Do a search and you should find tons of information.

la mosca

I use it as a prepoo, and I think it's great. It makes my hair feel amazing -- very soft and silky right down to the ends, even after airdrying. It actually works better than coconut oil on my hair (and I love coconut oil.)

swalker31

Thanks ladies,
I'm moving forward with using it. I will definitely give an update. I'm so glad I found this site:grin:

charmtreese

I love Ojon products, and the restorative treatment is one of my staples. I use a little daily as a leave-in.

swalker31

Thanks girls, I'm smoothing it in now. Kind of remind me of peanut butter. I see what you'll mean about the nutty smell. I have one more question...I'm currently in a wig, is there any recommendations out there for this stage I'm in? My hair doesn't have much length yet.

Morenita

I love my Ojon Restorative Treatment! I was really hesitant to get it at first because of the price, but after about 6 months of procrastinating, I broke down and bought it last month. It is now one of my staples, and I will never give it up. It makes my hair feel soooooooo soft. I don't always rinse it out in the morning when I leave it in overnight because I don't want it to end lol. Sometimes if I need a fix mid-week, I'll use it as a moisturizer. I sound like a crackhead don't I... :look:

Mook's hair

I haven't used the product...I just came in here to beg you to post some photos for us to see your 8 months of Natural hair...I bet it's beautiful!

Galadriel

I use Ojon too! If my hair's flat-ironed or pressed I use a little on my ends in the evening before wrapping. If I've been baggying or co-washing I use it as a leave-in. I use it sometimes as a pre-poo. I love it!

laCriolla

what's in it? isn't it just unrefined palm oil? Because if that's the case i'll swoop by whole foods and save some cash....

tuffCOOKiE

I don't want to post yet because I only got the stuff two weeks ago. This, literally is my last resort. Ive been struggling w hair issues and this stuff is amazing.

I bought the whole pack from sephora and it had the shampoo (awesome) condish (awesome) leave in mist (not for me) and styling creme (no- it's whack). I have really dry relaxed hair natuarally and this stuff hasn't cured all, but my hair is still soft after i airdry. but Ive only used it three times.

This stuff is bomb. I thought it wasnt gonna work because my hair has really thick strands and it literally just melts in my hand. its very light. I'm gonna use the system for one month and see the diff. I see a diff already

tuffCOOKiE

what's in it? isn't it just unrefined palm oil? Because if that's the case i'll swoop by whole foods and save some cash....

yea, that's the main ingredient. it has bark ext5ract in it also. I'm not sure if there's anything special to their proprietary blend..

I was desperate- if they have this at whole foods, I will def be up ON IT..:grin:

laCriolla

yea, that's the main ingredient. it has bark ext5ract in it also. I'm not sure if there's anything special to their proprietary blend..

I was desperate- if they have this at whole foods, I will def be up ON IT..:grin:

yep you can buy palm oil in the grocery store
or online for a fraction of the cost

Lucky's Mom

I used this product in 2006.... it was nothing special for me. I am a natural - so maye it works better for relaxed heads....

I would not buy the product again. Palm oil is 10 bucks at whole foods.

chebaby

ojon is amazing. i love the ultra hydrating shmpoo and conditioner and the revitalizing mist is a staple that i use almost everytime i shampoo, but it is expensive so i use my moisture mist more. the styling cream is good in the summer for my wash and go.

the restoritive treatment is the bomb. but i think it only works on certain hair types. the first time i used it my hair was a tangled mess, but everytime after that i loved it. my mom has 4zzzzz hair and it makes her hair soooooooooooo soft. my dad has 2a-b hair and it doesnt make a difference for him. my hair is 3c.

tenderheaded

I'm 4a/4b relaxed, and I've used the treatment since June. On wash day, I apply it from scalp to ends while damp and sit under the dryer. My hair feels great:yep:

This is a staple for me.

Healthb4Length

I finally broke down and got this after 3+ years. I got the QVC special. I tried all kinds of things like the Virgin palm oil etc, let me tell you using that thing was a hot mess! It messed up my sheets, stained my pillows and bath tub! It did make my hair very soft though! I like the way it made my hair feel and look but not the horrible stains, it was a mess to clean up too! That's why I decided to get the Ojon, hopefully it won't stain my good sheets or bathtub, I still have a huge tub of that stuff sitting around. I think I'll toss it when I do my yearly inventory check.

Shaley

Did not like the restorative treatment:nono:... I'm relaxed, but it looks like other relaxed heads liked it - but I'm afraid this did NOT work for me.

It made my hear feel like straw after rinsing. After shampooing it still didn't feel any better or moisturized, my hair actually shed more after the whole treatment.

I had to deep condition with my phytojoba hydrating balm to get my hair back together....

Although this didn't work for me, I do love Ojon's Ultra Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner, Shine & Protect Shampoo and Conditioner, and Revitalizing mist.

swalker31

I haven't used the product...I just came in here to beg you to post some photos for us to see your 8 months of Natural hair...I bet it's beautiful!

Hi Mook,
I'm definitely working on a fotki album. I had a ton of growth along with more breakage. I wasn't faithful in my shampoo's and conditioning. I left the sew in's way to long. Over two months. So I did not take the best care of my hair while. But thank God for this forum and you ladies full of so much wisdom; I'm sure it will get back right. I'm in the process of a fotki album.

tuffCOOKiE

the other thing I wanted to add was that if your hair is healthy, and you have products that make your hair amazing, then you don't need this product.

Healthy Naturals who don't suffer from dryness would probably not benefit for the most part from this, you get what I mean?

My hair isn't SHOT, but my hair is very dry and brittle and I need that EXTRAness that this product provides. Again, the overnight treatment is amazing for my hair and it's prob gonna be a staple if, (God willing) I can still afford it

Misshairdiva

I saw it on HSN, about how the ingrediants came from some remote jungle. I was suckered in, bought it and then started looking up the ingrediants. Well, since making my own stuff, I now know that the first ingrediant listed is the majority of the product. Ojons restor treatments first ingrediant is palm oil. That is not exactly worth $55.00
I was hoping the first ingrediant would be the ingrediant from the jungle... but it was not. Just google the ingrediants, alot of them are cheap,so they are making a killing!

joyous

I used this product in 2006.... it was nothing special for me. I am a natural - so maye it works better for relaxed heads....

I would not buy the product again. Palm oil is 10 bucks at whole foods.

I agree, expensive and did nothing for my natural hair.

soulie

Tried the restorative treatment with the Ultra Hydrating poo and con last night. I didn't like the way my hair felt afterward. :(

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
It's an awsome product and I'm sure you'll love it!!

I second this. Actually, the first time I used it, I wasn't so impressed, but since then after trying it again, I like it very much. I like the Revitalizing Mist, the Restorative Treatment and the Glossing Creme.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
...if your hair is healthy, and you have products that make your hair amazing, then you don't need this product.

Healthy Naturals who don't suffer from dryness would probably not benefit for the most part from this, you get what I mean?

My hair isn't SHOT, but my hair is very dry and brittle and I need that EXTRAness that this product provides. Again, the overnight treatment is amazing for my hair and it's prob gonna be a staple if, (God willing) I can still afford it

:yep: I agrre with this too.

Healthb4Length

I finally got my 4 piece set with the bonus from QVC! I'm all giddy! I opened up the restorative treatment to do the smell test and it smells like coffee and cigars:look:! Lucky I'm addicted to Caffine so I don't mind the smell but it does take some getting used to, very "earthy." Anyways I used a lil bit on my hair last night. When I woke this morning why did my hair feel silky:grin:? My nape remained soft...let me repeat that my NAPE is still soft! My nape is always dry no matter what products I use. I tried a little of the restorative treatment spray too, it smells nice but why didn't anyone mention the first ingredient in that bad boy is denat alcohol:perplexed. I was alittle nervous putting it on but I spray a light mist over my hair anyways. My hair feels like silk y'all and none of this stuff weighed my hair down or make it feel stiff. Everything seems really promising so far, I'll be doing further updates when I use the entire system together.:yep: