Ok, I have my first transitioning dilemma....

Ebonygurl00

Ok, so I'm 3 weeks post, and already I have tons of NG. I've spaced my washings out to every 3 days, because my relaxed hair can't take manipulation (I have tons of different textures). My NG LOVES to be wet everyday. When I was doing co-washing everyday for a month in July, my hair grew the fastest it's ever grown, but my ends suffered because of the manipulation. My scalp gets really itchy, too. Do you think washing everyday is a bad idea? My reasoning is that I'm going to be cutting my relaxed hair off every month until I'm 100% natural, and my NG loves the washing, and so does my scalp. What do you think I should do?

Proudpiscean

I'm almost twelve weeks post and also transitioning and my NG loves moisture too! So what I've started doing is using my spray bottle concoction more often (I filled my spray bottle with distilled water, about a tbsp of elucence MB condish and a few drops of EO) I gently part my hair and spray my newgrowth daily. HTH :)

mkstar826

supersonic
Do you think you could just spritz your NG/scalp everyday? I think it's a happy medium to keep your NG/scalp happy and your ends in good condition.

I think since you said your ends suffered from daily cowashing, it might not be the best thing to wash everyday. Even if you will be cutting your ends off gradually, you still want to try and keep them as healthy as possible for the overall health and look of your hair.

ETA: me and amr501 must've been posting at the same time :) ITA w/ the diluted conditioner spritz. I use it on my hair as well only I use Suave conditioner.

Last edited:

Ebonygurl00

Thanks, ladies! I'll try spraying my NG with water and Elucence MB conditioner. What should I do about my itchy scalp?

Proudpiscean

I haven't had an itchy scalp since I've been using MTG.........and I only use it once a week- scalp only. This stuff is the truth! I used to have terrible flaky itchy scalp, but it has completely resolved now! :)

lol @ mkstar826! we were thinking/typing the same thing at the same time!

Ebonygurl00

amr501 said:
I haven't had an itchy scalp since I've been using MTG.........and I only use it once a week- scalp only. This stuff is the truth! I used to have terrible flaky itchy scalp, but it has completely resolved now! :)

lol @ mkstar826! we were thinking/typing the same thing at the same time!

I bought some MTG, and I had to sell it because that scent was HORRIBLE!!!:lol: I accidentally got some in my favorite brush, and the smell won't wash out. Maybe the sulfur cured your itchy scalp? Qhemet has a sulfur pomade for the scalp, maybe I should get some. Thanks!

Proudpiscean

Ebonygurl00 said:
I bought some MTG, and I had to sell it because that scent was HORRIBLE!!!:lol: I accidentally got some in my favorite brush, and the smell won't wash out. Maybe the sulfur cured your itchy scalp? Qhemet has a sulfur pomade for the scalp, maybe I should get some. Thanks!

:lol: The smell of it doesn't bother me because my mom use to put glover's mane on my scalp and they smell alike. I apply it before bed and by the morning it's barely noticeable. I'm sure it's the sulfur that's curing my scalp issues so the Qhemet's sulfur pomade should work also :yep:. Good luck!