Ok, just HOW does Elucence give me so much moisture?

Ebonygurl00

I did a search on this, I promise!:D

Anyways, I know that water moisturizes, and oil nourishes, but how exactly does Elucence MB conditioner give me so much moisture? It's not water-based. The first ingredient is Panax Ginseng Root Extract, and the 2nd ingredient is Irish Moss Extract. How does this give me moisture?

MizaniMami

Ebonygurl00 said:

Anyways, I know that water moisturizes, and oil nourishes, but how exactly does Elucence MB conditioner give me so much moisture? It's not water-based. The first ingredient is Panax Ginseng Root Extract, and the 2nd ingredient is Irish Moss Extract. How does this give me moisture?

You use the conditioner as a moisturizer?

*wish she would have thought of that*

Sistaslick

Ebonygurl00 said:

are these extracts dissolved in water?

I know for the shampoo they list their botanical extracts first and then say "in purified water"-- water is still the first ingredient, its just tricky wording.

Ebonygurl00

Sistaslick said:
are these extracts dissolved in water?

I know for the shampoo they list their botanical extracts first and then say "in purified water"-- water is still the first ingredient, its just tricky wording.

Oh, wow, you're right, they are in purified water. Thanks! I didn't notice that at all. You're always so helpful!:D

shunta

Ebonygurl00 said:
LOL, yeah, it's AMAZING as a moisturizer. I hate it as a rinse-out.
Sometimes I dont know about Elucence conditioner. It used to work so well for me, but now its just ok.:perplexed Maybe I should clarify.

Ebonygurl00

determined_to_grow said:
I need more moisture (result of a protein gone wrong)- has anyone tried it??? What product?

Well, my hair was unbelievably dry after I used some Keracare products, so I used the Elucence, and my hair was instantly moisturized. I put lots of EVOO in my Elucence. It's almost 1/2 EVOO.

Ebonygurl00

shunta said:
Sometimes I dont know about Elucence conditioner. It used to work so well for me, but now its just ok.:perplexed Maybe I should clarify.

Have you tried it with EVOO? I didn't like Elucence when I used it straight, but after I added a lot of EVOO, it worked SOOO amazingly. When was the last time you clarified? Elucence has never built-up in my hair.

Sistaslick

Ebonygurl00 said:
Oh, wow, you're right, they are in purified water. Thanks! I didn't notice that at all. You're always so helpful!:D

No problem girl!

They just like telling us all the cool things they float in their water thats all. :lol: If you are in the store and are just quickly glancing at the ingredient list-- you see extracts first and you're trained to think the product must be mostly herbal extracts. But that "in purified water" after the list is the key. Sometimes they even list the ingredients in alphabetical order--so if you see water last especially in a shampoo or conditioner, you know they're playing with your emotions.:lol:

shunta

Ebonygurl00 said:
Have you tried it with EVOO? I didn't like Elucence when I used it straight, but after I added a lot of EVOO, it worked SOOO amazingly. When was the last time you clarified? Elucence has never built-up in my hair.
You know, thats a great idea. I have a whole bottle of EVOO in my cupboards. I think I clarified a little over a month ago. But the thing is, Ive been trying alot of different conditioners, and I think its definitely time to clarify. Ill bet if I just stick to Elucence and quit trying so many darn other products that my hair will be fine. How come consistency is sooo hard for me?!:ohwell:

Ebonygurl00

Sistaslick said:
No problem girl!

They just like telling us all the cool things they float in their water thats all. :lol: If you are in the store and are just quickly glancing at the ingredient list-- you see extracts first and you're trained to think the product must be mostly herbal extracts. But that "in purified water" after the list is the key. Sometimes they even list the ingredients in alphabetical order--so if you see water last especially in a shampoo or conditioner, you know they're playing with your emotions.:lol:

:lol: That's a good way to look at it. I kept feeling bad about using it as a moisturizer, because I thought it wasn't water-based. Thanks again!

Ebonygurl00

shunta said:
You know, thats a great idea. I have a whole bottle of EVOO in my cupboards. I think I clarified a little over a month ago. But the thing is, Ive been trying alot of different conditioners, and I think its definitely time to clarify. Ill bet if I just stick to Elucence and quit trying so many darn other products that my hair will be fine. How come consistency is sooo hard for me?!:ohwell:

You definitely have to try it! Clarify first since you've been using other conditioners. I don't know WHY I tried to use all of those Keracare products when the Elucence was working wonderfully for me. I did learn that my hair hates cones and mineral oil, though, so it wasn't a HUGE waste.

shunta

Ebonygurl00 said:
You definitely have to try it! Clarify first since you've been using other conditioners. I don't know WHY I tried to use all of those Keracare products when the Elucence was working wonderfully for me. I did learn that my hair hates cones and mineral oil, though, so it wasn't a HUGE waste.
Yeah, Im the same way, too. You know how we can get, always lookin' for something better when what we have works just fine. Oh well.:cool:

Britt

I loveeee and adore Elucence MB....

It never builds up on me either, it has no cones in it and it isn't heavy.
The only thing I don't really like is that it's not really a "deep conditioner" to me :cool: . What I've started to do is deep condition with heat with another conditioner and then follow up with Elucence in the shower and voila... my hair feels extra moisturized. I think it's a GREAT rinse out conditioner and it would be pretty good to use for conditioner washes too :) .

Last edited:

LadyJay114

Ebonygurl00 said:
Well, my hair was unbelievably dry after I used some Keracare products, so I used the Elucence, and my hair was instantly moisturized. I put lots of EVOO in my Elucence. It's almost 1/2 EVOO.

i never thought about evoo in elucence... thanks for the tip!

the keracare cond is great, but I can't use the rest of their products because they contain sulfates :( . That stuff kills my hair and skin.

Lavendar

I use Elucence MB as a rinse out conditioner and a leave-in after washing, but never thought about using it as a moisturizer on dry hair. I may have to try this. Thanks for the tip!

P

patient1

shunta said:
Yeah, Im the same way, too. You know how we can get, always lookin' for something better when what we have works just fine. Oh well.:cool:

A bit like men when it comes to women, huh?? lol!

p1

Lavendar

Originally Posted by shunta

patient1 said:
A bit like men when it comes to women, huh?? lol!

p1

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

hilarious but sadly, it's true.......

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
For the OP and other relaxed ladies that stretch who use the product - How does Elucence work on your new growth?

Do you have tangling or shedding issues? If the questions sound weird, it's cuz I'm trying to gage how it would work on my fully natural head based on how it works on your new growth.

(I think outside the box. :) )

Ebonygurl00

JCoily said:
For the OP and other relaxed ladies that stretch who use the product - How does Elucence work on your new growth?

Do you have tangling or shedding issues? If the questions sound weird, it's cuz I'm trying to gage how it would work on my fully natural head based on how it works on your new growth.

(I think outside the box. :) )

It works amazing on new growth! I went to get a touch-up after 9 weeks, and the hairdresser asked me why I thought I needed a touch-up! She had to re-wash my hair, and then all my NG showed. You should try it, it works great for my relaxed hair and NG!

AtlantaJJ

Sistaslick said:
No problem girl!

Sista I tried to PM ya: Here's my story:

I'm a newbie, fresh out of braids, I had to relax my hair was like cotton balls.. all porous. I relaxed well and I plan to wear protective styles for at least a year before the "big reveal"

Would you be so kind as to send some links or give care advice for hair that is fine, newly relaxed, porous and dry dry dry. I put olive oil lotion on it after I relaxed it an it drank it right up. I feel like I have to keep it all greased up for fear of breaking. I did the ORS replin pac but I think I need to pull out the big guns. Should I add OVOO to all my conditioners? How is honey used?? I'm sure you have answered these questions 1000 + times but any help you can give would be so appreicated. I am going to go back and read your posts as well.

Thank you!!

Janet