Ok so I'm over it

guyanesesista

So now I'm 16 post months into my transition and now I'm over the two textures. My goal was to reach waist length while transitioning and I'm there so I'm pretty much over it. Plus I knew things would start to get difficult around that point when dealing with the two textures. I also have issues with my edges and having one texture would make it easier to nurse them back to health. My life is also getting busier so I don't have time for my extensive wash day reggie. So with that being said I'll be big chopping sometime between now and the beginning of summer.

I know I'll miss the length but it will grow back like I've proven before. I'll be somewhere around shoulder length when I do so my big challenge will be getting to apl. It was a pain before but hopefully now I'll be able to get there faster since I know what I was doing wrong. I was really trying to transition to apl but hey sometimes things don't work the way you plan them. My new goal is now waist length natural. Once I get to apl it should be smooth sailing from there I think. :look:

Maybe you can do mini cuts, so losing the length won't be so dramatic?

Ehhh I'm more of a 'let's get this over with' kinda girl. I'll pretty much get over it real quick cuz I want to play in my natural hair more than I want to hold on to my relaxed ends. Plus when summer rolls around I don't see working with the two textures to be a walk in the park. I barely got thru it last summer and having twice as much natural hair this time around won't be pretty. Using heat was the only way for me to work with the two textures without going crazy but I don't want to be doing that for too long.

guyanesesista

do you want to cut it or let someone else do it? how long do you think it is now? you could keep getting it flatironed till springtime and cut right before summer. i think natural hair is the most fun when you get apl or longer cause of all the shrinkage so many styles tend to look better.

guyanesesista
i just clicked on your blog pretty lady and your wash day reggie doesn't seem that extensive to me. i do 5-7 loose celie style plaits on wash day and pre-poo before. your hair is very thick though, so i imagine that blowdrying and flatironing is tiring for you. your hair is going to be hawtness once you chop!

southerncitygirl It's the blow drying and flat ironing that take up my time. I am thinking to chop right before summer or try to stick it out till I really can't take it anymore. Idk yet.

I'm going to cut it myself also. My natural hair is 8 1.4" long right now. I want to measure and see how many inches it will take to get to wsl.

I'm currently in a wash session so I'll post pics when I'm done.

I'm about 17 months post and I'm feel the same way you are: over it. But I think I'm going to hang in there, because I had a goal of my natural texture reaching at least APL before even considering a BC. I've been doing some mini chops, but purposely left enough relaxed ends to be APL. I've had natural hair at SL before and I was not happy with that. Good luck with whatever you decide. I definately know how you feel.

This is from today's wash, pics attached. I chopped a patch in the back. I just had to scratch the itch a little. I am thus appeased. I showed my mom and she was pissed and said my hair would never grow back like this again. I had to remind her of 2008 when I big chopped down to 1.5" and look my hair now son!!! She proceeded to tell me I have ni**er hair. LOL. She kills me. She just mad that she went to a braider and let her cut her mbl 4ab hair down to apl. I put FOUR years into to caring for that woman's hair. Oh well nat my prablem dat. I told not to let anybody cut it. Rant over.:look:

#throwsonsomepandoraandgetstoblowdrying#

ETA: How many inches do you guys think I need till apl? I grow 1/2" a month. You think I can get there by summer or is that pushing it?:look: Maybe I'll get there by end of summer.

Attachments

• P1010584.JPG
    P1010584.JPG
    380.8 KB · Views: 44
  • P1010581.JPG
    P1010581.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010577.JPG
    P1010577.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Looks like you're grazing APL right now. At 1/2" per month, you should definitely be there but the summer.

So now I'm 16 post months into my transition and now I'm over the two textures. My goal was to reach waist length while transitioning and I'm there so I'm pretty much over it. Plus I knew things would start to get difficult around that point when dealing with the two textures. I also have issues with my edges and having one texture would make it easier to nurse them back to health. My life is also getting busier so I don't have time for my extensive wash day reggie. So with that being said I'll be big chopping sometime between now and the beginning of summer.

I know I'll miss the length but it will grow back like I've proven before. I'll be somewhere around shoulder length when I do so my big challenge will be getting to apl. It was a pain before but hopefully now I'll be able to get there faster since I know what I was doing wrong. I was really trying to transition to apl but hey sometimes things don't work the way you plan them. My new goal is now waist length natural. Once I get to apl it should be smooth sailing from there I think. :look:

I was where you are, and at about the same time. Around the 16 month mark, it just starts not to make sense! LOL. I applaud those who soldier through it, but I just couldn't make my hair look good no matter what I did. I actually was a couple of inches shy of waist length, but the relaxed hair looked so bad, I ended up doing a mini chop (I still had a good 10 inches of relaxed hair after that) right before the big one. I know a lot of people at about this same point in this same boat. I made it 4 more months and then chopped. So happy I did it.

I miss my length, but I know I'll get it back. As far as the waist length natural from APL, you probably know that getting past APL is the big challenge. Bunning was the key for me when I was relaxed. No clue about how it works natural! Good luck!

Back