Okay, I need some advice from the shorties

ReeseNicole

Hey ladies. Recently i cut my hair into a short pixie, relaxing my natural hair. Going from relaxed to natural was a conscious decision that i dont regret, however, i have to relearn how to take care of relaxed hair. What should i look out for? When i originally had relaxed hair, i didn't take very good care of it, so i dont want to go back into those bad hair practices. Also, i really want to grow my ear length pixie cut APL in two and a half years? Is this possible??? Has anyone ever had a short cut and grew their hair out long in two years or less? If so, how did you do it? What was your regime?

*Happily Me*

I went from here

to here in 3 years. LOTs of cowashes and very little heat. My reggie is very simple :yep:

SimpleKomplexity

D your hair is beautiful as always!!

To the OP I think of course you could get to APL in 2 years or even less. You really just need to protect your ends and keep them moisturized to retain length. As long as I'm not constantly messing with my hair, and mositurizing each night, I am abel to retain all my length. When I start skipping steps such as protein treatments, cosntant heat, or less moisturizing...that's when I see the setbacks.

*Happily Me*

Your hair is extra pretty!!lol....what types of products did you use?

My staple products are:

CON shampoo, green/white bottle

Lekair cholestoral

Lots of oils. Olive is my base. I also use castor, grapeseed, glycerin and coconut.

I do protein treatments when i remember.

thanks ya'll

wannabelong

When my hair was above ear length, I used half wigs as my protective style. I'll probably continue to use half wigs and phony ponys until I hit APL which I'm hoping will be by Nov. 2009

ReeseNicole

When my hair was above ear length, I used half wigs as my protective style. I'll probably continue to use half wigs and phony ponys until I hit APL which I'm hoping will be by Nov. 2009

did you do anything to your hair underneath your wig? i wanted to try braids, but i want my edges to grow back in first.... How long did it take you to get to shoulder length?

ReeseNicole

oh yeah, and that's some GOOD growth for a year's progress...definitely my goal for 2009!

jamaicalovely

Shortie trying on my way to APL here.

First, hats off to HappilyMe!!! That's some serious growth there.

OP, I think you can definitely grow to APL in 2 years. Stay on top of your moisture and regimen. What worked for me this year was protective styling (mostly weaves), Megatek, Claudie's Hair Elixir, and Hydratherma Natural's Growth Lotion. Also, taking multi and hair/skin/nails vitamins. I wash or cowash and deep condition weekly.