OKAY PEOPLE I M TEXLAXED AS OF DEC 23,07!

ekomba

Congratulations, your hair look very thick and lush. I too was surprised!

Lol I myself was surprised too and surprised myself haha. It all happened yesterday in a brief moment.Haha it s just one of them days, got tired of the weave itching, got tired of the length, struggling with the thickness combined with the length,got tired off all anything that reminded me of the past, our past and just sat down and removed the weave all night, got tired of detangling everything cut 4inches off and went to the beauty supplly and grabbed the perm and said why not? Lolj I ust needed to breathe and feel relieved to me it was just hair but very therapeutic signifying a change lol

Thank you all for the support and compliments and being understanding. I just need change right now even if it means reevaluting my life, repositioning myself in all fields lol funny though that my hair should reflect my state of mind. In all of this, me who was set in my ways realized that at the end of the day its just hair and I can always go back to it and big chop again if I again get tired of it. I guess it was an emotional decision and I'm divorcing my hair as well lol. It just felt like a forbidden fruit to do it lol To a new beginning and again merry christmase

ekomba

Absolutely beautiful! And your hair is too! It looks fantabulous!

My 13 year relationship ended this year. I was devastated. I am so very thankful I didn't allow it to destroy me. I'm in such a better place, with an awesome outlook, with a someone that was meant for me. The Creator is grand! Best wishes to you. May you find your ultimate "Happy". Go to your destiny girl. :grin:

Thank you a lot Iluvsmuhgrass for the very soothing words! That helps a lot.
I did at first fall into a depression where I almost lost my own life. But the physical pain and facing death made me realize I don't belong to myself and have no right to take my own life. I'm so glad I made the right decision cause I'm happy again. We never lose love, it just take other shapes and comes right back with a different face. I think I learned that I will never put my all and stop living my dreams for no man soulmate or no soulmate. I digress but I feel now encouraged to be and stay me no matter what relationship I'm in and I'm positive I needed to go through to be able to enjoy this new relation and mature.

AtlantaJJ

You are beautiful!! Happy New Year and Happy New YOU!!

So good to see your beautiful face and that hair!! Oh my, beautiful!

blazingthru

I admit I was a little shocked and somewhat disappointed but the final results are SLAMMIN!!!! You look FABULOUS!!!!! :yep::up:

I am sorry about your marriage ending :( :hug2: You have a safe and fun trip back home. :)
This is what I was going to say. But I am so glad nothing is stopping you, go on sister, claim it. You look fabulous!!

Healthb4Length

Ekomba--You're hair is so thick! It looks good, I understand how difficult it can be to manage uber thick hair. I just went from texturized with lots of body to a more relaxed texture, I couldn't take it anymore. Whatever you do I know you'll grow your hair back like snap! Your hair grows quickly.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm sorry to hear you went thru so much pain. :sad: Your story really helped me to gain more focus. On a side note, you look fabulous! May God continue to bless you and your family in this time of change.

LadyBlu

Ekomba!!!!!!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and so are you!!!:yep:

I am just now experiencing the pain of a failed marriage, but keep your head up! Have safe travels and stay beautiful inside and out (still gasping over the hair).

ekomba

Thank u ladies i feel so much better:blush::blush::blush: in fact before using the relaxer i big chop on natural hair and i was about to kill myself lol thinking i cut too much but now that we are christmas, and undoing my texlaxed braid i realize the hair is a tad below shoulder length so i feel better lol

it s official R.I.P my fro sniiiiff (lol i have to make fun of myself sometimes its the best way to loosen up hehe and no regrets:wallbash:i miss u aaaaargh...lol) last pix before perm: dec 23,07:

ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR RELAXER in REGULAR

it s done...

scared to look...

drumrollls (lol)...:grin::lachen::nono::wallbash:

TEXLAXED!
here s my first texlaxed length shot as of dec 25,2007. i m base my progress on this for the Den1/Ekomba 2008 growth challenge

You know what i loved being natural but i know now i cant at all handle brastrap or waistlength natural hair lol too much work and too overpowering on me. God blessed me dont get me wrong i started my journey in march 2005 recovering from a bad relaxer with hair too thin and see through. and after 2 years natural, with vitamins, heavy protein diet, mtg et al wowwwww my hair has never ever been that thick and it was getting too much now texlaxed it s still very thick but more manageable. now lets grow and thank for the support on the emotional part i m still fragile but i m recovering slowly thanks for the love chicas i truly appreciate:yep:
DEC 24 TEXLAXED HAIR CURLED

DragonPearl

I think you look great!! :up: No need to apologize, really; don't give anyone that much power over your hair. Enjoy your new styles!!!

laurend

Tes cheveux sont beaux. Je vais au Cameroun en avril avec mon mari qui est camerounais d'origine. Bon Voyage ma Soeur.