Older woman/younger man

BLESSED1

Is there something in the Bible about women dating a younger man? I only saw the unequally yoked scripture. My cousin has her eye on this guy at church as he has his on her too lol anyways she didn't know that he was a few years younger than her. She asked me if it was morally wrong but I told her I wasn't sure. TIA :yep:

I'm not a Biblical expert or anything, but I don't see anything wrong with marrying someone who's older or younger than you are (unless, of course, you are breaking the law!).

I'm sure back in the old days, it was very common for an older man to marry a young girl. For example, wasn't there an age difference between Ruth and Boaz?

Honestly I think she's more worried about being made fun of. In my family, it's like "shunned" to date a younger man even though I'm not sure why or when it started :look: I told her just do you, but be sure if he hurts her I'm coming after him you know? She's only my 2nd cousin but I still have her back :p

I don't think it is wrong, as long as it is the man ordained by God. I'm more concerned about level of spiritual growth, the ability to take responsibility and maturity, than age.

True, I used to work with the guy/boy (he's like 19 or 20 I consider him to be a baby :p ) and back then it seemed like he wasn't about walking w/ the Lord. I say seemed because I didn't know him well enough to be sure, but by observing how he acted at work I came to that conclusion. But he's at church everytime we're there, maybe he's changed I don't know.

I still couldn't find any scripture to give my cousin, but again I just told her to pray on it and follow her heart. Who knows she may be the next of my relatives to get married :look:

Back