OMG!!! ACV ROCKS!!!

free2bme

I just had to sing and rave about the virtues of apple cider vinegar. For the past 3 weeks my hair has been so unco-operative. Shedding, dry, breaking you name it and I've attributed it to this years harsh winter.

I've also tried ACV b/4 as a final rinse but I stopped b/c it left my hair dry. Earlier this week it was suggested that ACV be used after shampoo but b/4 conditioner. What a difference that made. My conditiner took much better (AO GBP which rocks by the way follwed by AO Island Creme Spice). During my comb out I lost significantly less hair than usual, my hair had a nice sheen too and is abnormally touchably soft!!! I keep touching my hair!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif Whoever that suggested it thanks for that great tip.

This will now be a staple in my routine I just had to share. Happy growing!!! FYI, I mixed 1 part ACV to 8 parts water

pebbles

Wow, that's great! I'm glad that worked. I'm going to try it tomorrow morning. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hairfanatic

That is FANTASTIC Free2bme! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Isn't the advice on this forum wonderful...just wonderful! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

I tried it for the first time this weekend as well and really liked it! My hair is extra shiney and very very soft. I love it! I'll be using it after every wash from now on. I used 8 oz water, 5 tablespoons of ACV.

Faith

That's great. I had also tried it as a final rinse and it left my hair dry so I quit too. But I'm definitely going to try it again. Thanks for the review. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Imogin3

I am sooooooooo happy you liked it /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I made the post after trying it, I was so amazed how my usual conditioner came alive as a result of that one minor detail.

sweetcocoa

I have been doing this also....but last night I decided not to(cause I was in a hurry to get to bed and just wanted rinse and be done with it) and I got more hair in my comb out than I did Monday evening...so it back to the ACV.

LondonDiva

All righty then. I'm going to try this on the weekend. I have some Organic ACV that I bought just for this, but it tastes so good on my chips (french fries), like onion vinegar. Guess I'm just gonna have to give it up.

Londondiva, you cracked me up about the vinegar on your chips!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm now salivating remembering how nice the fish and chips in Roman Road Market are (my fave place to get them). Especially on cold days like this. hmmmmmmmmmmmm chiiiiiiipsss (said with Homer like drone /images/graemlins/cool.gif )