OMG! HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS TUTORIAL?!

I am thinking about trying this! I flat ironed my (dry) hair after air-drying for the first time in 3 months and immediately saw a negative change in my hair (versus roller sets), so I would be open to a new way to flat-iron. If I go for it, I'll post pics. I always thought it was strange to dry out all of the moisture from the hair and then apply heat to it....

I'm relaxed, um, I think 4a-ish, but it's hard to hair type relaxed hair, IMO. :ohwell: I'm following the K.I.S.S. regimen so it may be a while before I flat iron again.

Last edited:
the point was to see if anyone has seen it and to hear their input. And i ended up learning something new..... that it what this forum is for right?

exactly. and I LOVE a lot of the youtube hair care tutorials. xgoldn, macherieamore, traycee, and others have helped me learn some new techinques.

I don't know if this was posted before but it's making me cringe.

I was searching for flat iron tutorials and came across this one. She flat irons her hair WET and it's just sizzzzzling like bacon! & i dont think she's using a wet to dry iron either. I could be wrong....

YouTube - Kyoseki Flat Iron Demo Pt 2

ETA: I just saw the 1st video and i think it might be a wet to dry. Should it really sound like that?? I looked up this flat iron and it's gotten verrrry bad reviews. One person said her child's hair burned right off?!!!

NOTE: ..This is not actually the flat iron i was looking up. I was looking up sedu tutorials and this one popped up so i figured i'd see what this iron was about.....

flat ironing when wet even with a wet 2 dry iron is a bad idea, just ask the holes in my porous hair shaft

Did anyone take a stab at this over the weekend?

I done it, on Friday I flat ironed my damp hair and it came out really nice!! I used a bit of chi and Keracare heat protection, my hair was very lightweight afterwards so I used a bit of Shea butter to calm it down. I would definitely do this again

You know, I used to do this all the time especially after I got about 4 months post. I figured it out by accident when I was too impatient to wait for my hair to airdry one day. I didn't flatiron my soaking wet hair, but my hair was damp. It was light, bouncy and so moist.

I stopped doing it because I knew that it was an LHCF no-no and I thought it was damaging my hair (although there was no evidence of that).:look:

My flatironing has not been the same since I stopped...:wallbash:

I think I will revisit this technique....but on slightly damp hair.:yep:

Ok so I did this this weekend. After drying for like 20 minutes under the dryer and then airy drying maybe an hour my hair was still damp. Not close to dry, but not soaking wet. I didn't get crackling, but there was some steam. My hair is bouncy and soft and full of movement. This was the best flat ironing I have ever done. I'm so glad someone brought this up. I only flat iron 2 times a month, but I will continue to do this.

for those that it work for, that's really cool! however, I'm not sure if my hair is strong enough for that and I can't afford any setbacks right now. I will just continue the old fashioned way- dry. But, maybe later on down the road when i am content with my length, i will give it a try, but not now.
but i will try to do it if my hair is like 75% dry already. but soaking wet, i can't do.

Last edited:
I tried it yesterday night and it came out SOOO GOOD! My hair was freshly washed and deep conditioned. I am never using the dry method again! I used Fantasia IC heat serum. Suh NAP Crackle POP~

I don't know much about using hot appliances on wet hair, but I read this some time ago. It starts at the bottom with "bubble hair" and you have to click "next page" to finish the section.
http://www.pg.com/science/haircare/hair_twh_97.htm

I too have that article by P&G bookmarked on my computer. I found it when I was doing a marketing project for grad school a couple of months ago. It is very informative. Thanks for sharing!!

But its still steam though right?

It seems like the same concept.

I aint trying it tho. That sizzle makes me....shudder.
Do a small piece in the back. I promise, you, you'll love it!:yep:
Im about to upload a picture of my ponytail (after) in my profile.

Last edited:
I have a dumb question. In the video, the girl seems to have to go over the same section of hair maybe 5-6 times, I'm assuming to make sure that it is completely dry. But isn't it a hair rule that you should never go over the same section of hair more than twice? So if she's flat ironing her hair this way the entire time, wouldn't be doing more harm than good? Or I'm I completely off the mark?

I only had to do it 2 times. The first time was a quick pass through.
Because I held my hair taut, it straightened faster.

I have a dumb question. In the video, the girl seems to have to go over the same section of hair maybe 5-6 times, I'm assuming to make sure that it is completely dry. But isn't it a hair rule that you should never go over the same section of hair more than twice? So if she's flat ironing her hair this way the entire time, wouldn't be doing more harm than good? Or I'm I completely off the mark?
while its wet, the passes arent the same as when its dry, while its wet the passes are to actually dry the hair, I dont think that rule applies while doing wet to dry flat ironing/pressing

I go through with the comb so many times , but the first round is just to get it dry and semi straight

Back