OMG!! Ouidad Double Detangler Comb...MAJOR PRODUCT RAVE!!!

chejam

I bought this comb two weeks ago, oh my God, it works on my hair like butter. Did not mind spending the money. I have 4b/c hair, very hard to detangle, and this comb was no effort.

Bublin

My DH calls it a weapon it's that big (compared to normal combs).

I haven't used it in a while, i don't know why but i'm gonna dig it out and start using it again.

drappedup

My DH calls it a weapon it's that big (compared to normal combs).

I haven't used it in a while, i don't know why but i'm gonna dig it out and start using it again.

You should!

I still use it regularly after all this time, and it's in GREAT condition too! I love this comb. It has a special spot in my heart all right. :heart2:

I think I've dropped it a couple times too, lol. It's like a tank. No sign of any damage on that comb, nope. :grin:

natieya

Hmm, I wonder how this compares to the Tangle Tamer. I have that one and it's wonderful. It's electronic, but it cuts through my severe tangles without much effort. I am and always will be tender-headed, so I am always on the lookout for better ways to detangle. I love what the BKT has done for my single strand knots (reduced them by 85% easy), but I still have tangle issues from time to time. :)

Has anyone here used the Tangle Tamer and this product? If so, can you compare them? :)

Morenita

I was sold, until I got to JustKiya's post and found out it's not seamless... :nono: My MP Rake and I are best friends (thinking about getting the detangler too) and I just can't see replacing it for a non-seamless comb. I so want to like Ouidad stuff, but she keeps disappointing me. WTH are they doing making a non-seamless comb, being a company who caters to curlies? :ohwell:

fletgee

It remindes me of the attachment to my blowdryer with the double row of teeth. That thing tends to rip out my fine hair unless it is very conditioned when I use it.

I'll pass on this one. My fine hair won't be able to take it.

nzeee

i ♥ this comb! i'm 4b/a and i could not believe how much faster detangling completely shrunken hair was (don't even ask why i let it shrink up). normally i would use wide tooth/fingers then move onto the denman to do the heavy lifting. w/ this i don't need all those steps. loves it loves it loves it. that is all ;o)

-oh: thanks for the recco OP i would never had tried it myself even after seeing the video since it seems like they cater to 2s and 3s only.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Any relaxed heads using this with great success? (on my phone and can't sort through all posts for info - sorry).

kellistarr

I have this comb and have been using it for several months now. It's the only comb that I use and I don't want to ever be without it. Yes, it is expensive, but so are a lot of things that I've bought and can't use again, like two movie tickets. The comb has already paid for itself several times over. It has saved me frustration, time, the hair on my head. Tools make the difference. Trust me, I've tried many tools. I will buy at least two more to ensure that I'm not without before I can't find it, they stop producting it, etc. . . This comb has also saved my conditioning products. I don't have to glob so much on to get through the tangles. Also, it's a huge comb and it can handle my huge hair!

la mosca

BUMP - Any more relaxed users care to chime in with their results?

I am loving my Double Detangler. I have been using it consistently for over a year. I'm 5 months into a 7-month stretch (my longest stretch ever), and this comb has been essential to keeping me going. It really does make detangling a breeze. The last time I tried to stretch, I had tangles and knots galore, but this comb does a great job of gently detangling and removing shed hair. My hair is very fine, but I have had no issues from this comb. It is truly a keeper for me.

divachyk

la mosca - thank you. Do you have to use other combs in conjunction with this one or does it detangle you nicely by itself? I was using the tangle teezer for a while but I was using a wide tooth comb to slightly detangle first, then the tangle teezer. I prefer to use just one comb rather than multiple combs.

la mosca

la mosca - thank you. Do you have to use other combs in conjunction with this one or does it detangle you nicely by itself? I was using the tangle teezer for a while but I was using a wide tooth comb to slightly detangle first, then the tangle teezer. I prefer to use just one comb rather than multiple combs.

At this point in my stretch, I follow the Double Detangler with the Tangle Teezer out of an abundance of caution to make sure I get all of the shed hair out. But up until about 10 weeks post, I can get away with the Double Detangler only. No other detangler glides through my hair like that comb.

Melissa Daniel

Oh shukie duckie! I saw this comb before and I was like... naaa I already have a wide tooth, this just looks like its too much. But now I regret it lol.

divachyk

@la mosca and @Melissa Daniel - I purchased it today; used it today; very impressed. Minimal breakage and I'm working with some under processed hair. I find the ouidad is a great detangler but it didn't smooth the strands. I used another smaller tooth comb to smooth the strands. Was hoping to minimize the number of combs used but seems to be unavoidable (for me anyway...to ensure all shed hair is released) so it's all good. Think the detangling process went quicker/better with the ouidad over the other combs I used in the past. Plus, it detangled so nicely that smoothing went kick also.

la mosca

@la mosca and @Melissa Daniel - I purchased it today; used it today; very impressed. Minimal breakage and I'm working with some under processed hair. I find the ouidad is a great detangler but it didn't smooth the strands. I used another smaller tooth comb to smooth the strands. Was hoping to minimize the number of combs used but seems to be unavoidable (for me anyway...to ensure all shed hair is released) so it's all good. Think the detangling process went quicker/better with the ouidad over the other combs I used in the past. Plus, it detangled so nicely that smoothing went kick also.

I'm glad you like it. I didn't think you would be disappointed. I actually purchased a backup Double Detangler just in case something happens to the first one I bought. (I recently moved to a pretty remote area overseas, and there's no way I could easily get one here.) I can't imagine detangling my 5-months-post hair without it.

andromeda

Got this comb and I'm still in my evaluation period. I've used it 2x. On dry hair that has been staurated with oil overnight and on wet hair saturated with condish under the shower. I think I like wet better. I did have breakage and shed hairs getting tangled but I can't necessarily attribute that to the comb. It doesn't do as thorough a job detangling as the tangle teezer but it also doesn't have those sharp teeth. I'm going to do a side by side with my Jilbere when I get a chance.

isawstars

I've been looking at this thread since 2010! It's gotten to where I dread detangling. I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase it.

Last edited:

iri9109

this was on sale on hautelook last week for $14.50 ...i like it so far...its heavy but not too heavy and it cuts through tangles and i dont lose alot of hair at all...i dont know if i would've paid full price though.

empressri

Oooh yeah that sale last week was lovely. I got my big bottles of stuff! And the deep treatment cause it was $30 instead of $50.

I used my ouidad comb this week after cowashing in the shower and was thoroughly pleased.

iri9109

Oooh yeah that sale last week was lovely. I got my big bottles of stuff! And the deep treatment cause it was $30 instead of $50.

I used my ouidad comb this week after cowashing in the shower and was thoroughly pleased.

i was gonna order some products but i didnt know what to get and naturally curly wasnt helping me as far as product reviews go...if they have another sale i might get something.

DaiseeDay

This comb reminds me of a comb I got at Walgreens; its called the Revlon Amber Waves Ionic Anti Static Comb and comes in a set. The space between the two combs is a lot wider on the Quidad one though, so its probably better for some people. I love the Revlon one personally though, it defines my curls really well.

Sent from my iPad

isawstars

I can't believe you held out on us! :lol: I'm going to Sephora as soon as it opens.

isawstars

For the ladies who have to order it... I got an email from folica.com saying you can get 20% off anything on their top 10 lists today. If you go to their top 10 curly products, ouidad is listed. Shipping is $5.95 unless you spend $50 though.

Sent from my VS910 4G using VS910 4G