Using Your Jilbere Shower Comb as Your Regular Comb

Isis

I comb only when detangling under the shower on wet hair, using my Jilbere comb. However, I use my regular wide-toothed comb when combing my leave-in through. A few days ago, I couldn't find my regular comb and used the Jilbere comb (I know, I need more combs!:lol: ). It seemed to work even better, at least it did that day.

Do you use your Jilbere shower comb as a regular comb?

senimoni

I just started doing this recently...I try not to do it often but if I "NEED" to comb I will use my shower comb.

Ayeshia

yes...but I use a smaller ace comb to part my hair. The tip of the jibere is too thick to make nice clean ones.

tallygirl

My Jilbere shower comb is the only comb I use - both for detangling in the shower and as a regular comb....been using it this way for almost a year now.

myco

tallygirl said:
My Jilbere shower comb is the only comb I use - both for detangling in the shower and as a regular comb....been using it this way for almost a year now.

Me too. If I need to make a part, I use the tail of a rat-tail comb.

preciousjewel76

Yes, for the most part. I have a wide-tooth seamless comb that I prefer to use on dry hair, though. The shower comb sometimes pulls my hair out (darn those seams!). I really try to use only my fingers to style my dry hair. The shower/seamless combs are used for detangling or removing shed hair just prior to washing - I wash my hair in 2-4 big braids.

Angelicus

I don't comb my hair daily, but when I do comb, I use the Jilbere. Inside or outside, it's a good accessory.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've been using it as my "shower" comb and regular comb for at least 3 years. It's great! I agree with the other ladies about parting though.

Catina72

Yep! I use my shower comb whether my hair is wet or dry. Now that I have a bone comb though, I use it more when dry. Love that shower comb!!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Yep, I do, but I use the Jilbere shower comb without the hook. I part my hair with the end of a rattail comb.

Allandra

I always use my Jilbere Shower Comb as a regular comb. It's the only wide tooth comb I have, and it works just fine for regular combing.

Babygurl

I have 3 shower combs..one for travel, one for the shower, and one for everyday use...Ived used my shower comb as my everyday comb for almost 3 years now. I wouldnt have it any other way...only thing it cant do is part and I use my rattail for that.

LocksOfLuV

Jilbere is cool only for the shower (for me).

Using it exclusively caused me matting and tangling, because although it does detangle for me, it doesn't get all the smaller tangles. And unknown to me the tangles would build over time and eventually matt.:(

So I have to follow up with another comb. And when I wear my hair down I use a smller toothed comb.

Divine Inspiration

Yes, it's been the only comb I've used since I started using that comb. I have since added the Mebco comb to my arsenal, so now I use the Mebco exclusively to detangle wet hair, and the Jilbere is used to comb my hair when it's straight. (I don't comb my hair any other time.)

sweetascocoa

LocksOfLuV said:
Jilbere is cool only for the shower (for me).

Using it exclusively caused me matting and tangling, because although it does detangle for me, it doesn't get all the smaller tangles. And unknown to me the tangles would build over time and eventually matt.:(

So I have to follow up with another comb. And when I wear my hair down I use a smller toothed comb.
ITA. I learned about the matting and tangling the hard way. I use it only in the shower

ashiah

I bought it not knowing it was a shower comb. ;P So yes, I use it in and out of the shower.

asubeauty

It only really works well for me in the shower. I have a seamless wide toothed comb that I use on dry hair.

texasgrl

Yes I really could toss out all my other combs :D the amount of manipulation breakage has reduced dramatically.

so1913

Well, since I only comb on wet hair, it is the only comb I use. I do use the back end of a rattail comb to part though.