OMG! Why do they market us this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
No I don't think he's really a trader. He just chooses to not associate himself with black folks that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I would force myself to associate with people who consider me a discredit to the entire race, a weirdo, a fool, a f*cked up individual, and call me many more filthy names any more than he does.

SVT

I think Michael Jackson looks weird. He's had so much plastic surgery that he now appears elfin.

G

This is how bad the Michael Jackson mess is. Me and my black co-worker were laughing because Michael Jackson said Sony was prejudiced when he hasn't been black in years. My white, 62 year old co-worker, walks in and asks what we are talking about. We state "guess who is black this week." She (the white co-worker) immediately goes "Michael Jackson."

Michael Jackson is a disgrace to the black race because he rejected the very race of people who helped to put him over the top. He rejected us by bleaching his skin white and wearing his hair in styles generally considered for the caucasian man. He also rejected us by marrying a white woman, Lisa Marie Presley, and marrying another white woman, Debbie ?, and then having white children.

I have no problem with interracial relationships. Most of the time, I like white men better but, if I decide to get with a white man, it is because I want the companionship. Michael Jackson chose his mates and children because he could not accept the fact that he was black.

If Michael Jackson had embraced his blackness, he still would have the cartilage in the end of his nose.

BlkMane

He has told the media several times that he has vitiligo -- a disease that destroys pigment in the skin. And let's not disregard the fact that he attempted for several years to "maintain his blackness", even though this disease is beyond his control: he wore body makeup over the white areas every day he presented himself to the public.

[/ QUOTE ]

You believe THAT story? I've heard more than one dermatologist state that MJ DOES NOT HAVE VITILIGO. He MADE UP that story after he started taking injections of a chemical that inhibits melanin production. Plus, if he didn't want to appear so "ghostlike" and really wanted to "maintain his blackness" as YOU state, why doesn't he add a little color to his makeup? Even J. Lo sports a "tan" at all times--which is a liquid bronzer. Why can't MJ add a little color to his skin? You know why? Because he WANTS to look 'ghostly'...apparently the whiter, the better. He is whiter than white people.

BlkMane

I'm not sure I would force myself to associate with people who consider me a discredit to the entire race, a weirdo, a fool, a f*cked up individual, and call me many more filthy names any more than he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then you and MJ will have to disassociate yourselves from ALL races. I guess MJ hasn't noticed all the WHITE people who make fun of him. Heck, I've even heard them joke about him on Spanish television. And I've heard people of all nationalities call MJ "strange."

Every comedy show, comedian, late night show and talk show commentator has made references to MJ's "weirdness". The guy's not okay in the head. Sorry, but it's true.

Kitkat

Dayum (biting from AmilLion) but that site is pathetic. Bling Bling Sheen? Dime Piece Grease? What's next - Tec 9 Lotion?

It's a shame that marketers have so little respect for us that they choose to market us this way. It's even more shameful that that site probably generates a lot of business from people who see themselves as wanna be thugs. Couldn't they find something positive to associate us with? I admit I listen to my share of hip hop when the spirit moves me. But I would draw the line at going to a store and asking for Bling Bling Sheen.

henrilou

HoneyVibe.
Your response is so full of anger. I am sorry, I didn't meant to push your buttons.
However. MJ is not a good role model for any race. No one here has mentioned that for all of his philanthropy, good-will etc... He is a PEDOPHILE. (remember he paid his maid 11 million for "playing" with her son. NO ONE pays 11 million uless they have done something terrible wrong) Michael makes it a point to be around young children, and I am sorry if your neighbor behaved like that, you'd watch him...So my opinion is not ignorant, and it still remains the same: he is an embarrassment.

BlkMane

The difference between an opinion and an ignorant comment is that an opinion is informed. You couldn't create one secular sentence about the man without calling him a vindictive name. Instead of calling him a fool, a weirdo, and one not deserving respect, you should explore the facts of the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've explored the facts FULLY and I stand by my statements. I think you need to remove your rose-colored "MJ Fan" glasses and really take an UNBIASED look at your boy.

There is nothing substantial in these sentences. It's "quite obvious" he's ashamed of being black? Jackson has recently cited the president of Sony as a racist bigot; are these the words of a man ashamed of being black?

[/ QUOTE ] You are not making any sense. Any person, no matter what their color can call someone a racist. It has nothing to do with pride or levels of blackness. And I happen to disagree with him on that issue anyway, I don't think Tommy Mottola is racist. (He was the former husband of Mariah Carey, BTW, and she is part black.)

It is painful to watch black people judge their own by their skin color, not the content of their character.

[/ QUOTE ] When did I judge Michael Jackson by his skin color? I'm judging Michael because of his obvious (yes, OBVIOUS) self-hatred = CONTENT OF HIS CHARACTER. His skin is transparent because he tried to make it white through the use of chemicals and YES, I've got a problem with that.

Here is a man who has bleached his skin to be white (no offense, but the only thing "QUITE OBVIOUS" at this point is that you have no facts on the matter)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not the one who hasn't studied the facts, my dear.

1) When have black people ever not desired straight hair? do you also hate the ladies here who relax? are they some of the self-hating people you claim you can't deal with?

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone on this board is a woman...MJ is supposed to be a BLACK man. Black men don't usually wear feminine-looking, long, straight wigs. And no, I don't think that ALL black men that choose that "look" are self-hating...but when you add up all the stuff MJ has done, that hair of his is just another check on the "Hates Being Black" test.

2) how possible is it for Jackson to wear -- what, kinky wigs? -- after the burns he suffered in the early 80s?)

[/ QUOTE ] As possible as it is for him to wear straight wigs. Those burns aren't stopping him from sporting the silky &amp; straight wigs, now are they?

(one question: is there an area of your body that you're self-concious about? if you had the means, would you alter it? Would that make you the very "black folk who hate themselves", whom you "can't deal with"?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do have areas on my body that I'm self-conscious about. And yes, I DO HAVE the means to change them surgically, but I choose not too. My motto is: If it ain't broke, don't fix it...I'm blessed to have a healthy body, all my fingers and toes, all my five senses, and a CLEAR MIND, amen...good enough for me. Working out and using makeup is as far as I care to go.

But...If I did choose to have plastic surgery, I wouldn't have so much that I would end up looking like MJ. I don't dislike him because he HAD a nose job. I have a bad taste in my mouth because he had soooooooooooo many. Dang! Doesn't he LOOK in the mirror?!

I'm not sure why adopting two white children is evidence of self-hatred, I'll leave this one alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Adopting three white kids is NOT evidence of self-hatred...adopting three white kids when you could have produced your own (that have YOUR DNA) is questionable. Being a BLACK man and adopting THREE white kids and trying to pass them off as YOUR BIOLOGICAL children is even more questionable. Being a BLACK man and adopting not one, not two, but three white kids and not even ONE little black kid is unforgivable. But, I'll leave this alone since you just don't "get it."

I'll pray for your enlightment.

pebbles

HoneyVibe,

What makes you so sure that you're the one that has the facts correct about MJ? Do you have some inside information that you're not sharing? Or are you getting your information from the news like everyone else? Everyone will form their own conclusions according to what they see on t.v and read in the newspapers and magazines. Unless you know him or his family members personally, you too are forming what is your own opinion and feeling that you are informed. Having said that, one opinion cannot be more ignorant than another as it pertains to MJ.

I used to be such a MJ fan back in the day. After the surgery he had for OFF THE WALL, I thought he looked great and should have stopped there. Even for his Thriller album, I thought he looked good.

He can have as much surgery as he wants. He's got the money, he can do it if he wants. If you want to believe that he has Vitiligo, that's fine. You heard that from the news like everyone else, didn't you?

Well, like BlkMane said, it has also been reported that he does not have the disease, and that was also reported in the news. And that conclusion came from doctors who know a thing or two about the disease.

If he did have the disease, and I don't think he did, I don't think it was so severe that he had to bleach himself. He looked fine before and makeup could have kept him looking the same so that people would never know about it.

As far as I'm concerned, MJ does have issues with being black.

ms_kenesha

three white kids is NOT evidence of self-hatred...adopting three white kids when you could have produced your own (that have YOUR DNA) is questionable. Being a BLACK man and adopting THREE white kids and trying to pass them off as YOUR BIOLOGICAL children is even more questionable. Being a BLACK man and adopting not one, not two, but three white kids and not even ONE little black kid is unforgivable. But, I'll leave this alone since you just don't "get it."

[/ QUOTE ]
Blkmane I totally agree with you on this one, I mean seriously there are statistically more black children that need to be adopted than white and he goes out and gets three white children who I am sure he paid a buttload of money for. In fact I doubt it was a "real adoption" he probably paid a white woman to have these kids for him which is essentially what he did with Debbie Rowe. That marriage was faker than the Lisa Marie one because it was purely for her eggs &amp; to not even use his own sperm (probably to afraid his babies would be "too black"). MJ is no friend of mine, sorry! I love his old stuff and he WAS a great entertainer, but he's lost his mind. Anyone see Three Kings were the Middle Eastern guy is interrogating Mark Wahlberg and he asks, "What is wrong with Michael Jackson???" Mark says, "What do you mean, nothing's wrong with Michael Jackson." The guy says, "What is it about America that would make a black man bleach his face and disfigure himself!!" /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ms_kenesha

I think that we should write and complain to this company about their products and their marketing techniques. This is absolutely ridiculous, that's why the opinion of black people will never change as long as someone is trying to capitalize off the negative segments of our society! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

G

Well, in my opinion, it may be negative to some, but not to the people who will buy the products. If no one buys them, then they will get the message. I'm just saying that not everyone may see them as offensive. There are people who listen to songs about bling-bling, and all that other stuff.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Those aren't MJ's biological kids???
Where have I been? DAY-UM!!!!! I don't believe he has a skin disorder, either. Vitiligo would make him look blotchy--not the same gray color all over. If he's wearing make-up to cover the splotches, why not wear darker make-up?
And I'm proud to say that the "Thug" products are collecting dust at my local beauty supply. Along with the Fair &amp; White skin bleaching product line. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif They've been on the shelves for at least a couple of months. Maybe even a year...

azul11

How did we even get on the topic of michael jackson anyways? arent we talking about bling bling sheen? can we stick to the topic? i say this mainly because there is too many heated discussions that seem not to be cooling down and this is to a peaceful environment. and yes bold letters to me are the same as yelling. so can we move on. agree to disagree and talk about the topic at hand. God bless you all.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I was yelling. Because I was shocked and surprised. I don't keep up with celebrity goings-on... I'm not sure how we got from bling bling sheen and dime piece hair grease to MJ, but it happened. I was responding.

A

AmilLion

Michael Then:

Michael Now:

NEED ANYONE SAY MORE!

Even with the surgery, he looks okay here

vevster

Michael Jackson also bleaches his son's hair blond cause the dark roots were apparent during an interview he gave TV Guide. He definitely has some 'issues' here.

azul11

sorry sassy i was just talking about all the arguing back and forth. i wasnt directing it towards you. it just seems odd we went from dime piece grease and bling bling sheen to whether michael jackson bleaches his skin. i just didnt know how he even got into the conversation and how it turned into a thread about him. /images/graemlins/confused.gif just dont want to see people argue over this that's all. God bless you all.

G

In looking up sun moles, I did find something out about Vitiligo. The chooses are to 1: cover the light spots or 2: take a drug that will take away all of your melanin. If Michael Jackson has Vitiligo, apparently he chose to take the drug. Most people with vitiligo wouldn't choose to do that. My co-worker (who I admit lies quite a bit) said he saw Janet Jackson do an interview and she stated that Michael Jackson didn't have vitiligo.

vevster

re: Michael's skin tone. I read somewhere that there is a drug not legal in the US that Michael took to bleach his skin....

He is a poor soul.

Crysdon

I think that we should write and complain to this company about their products and their marketing techniques. This is absolutely ridiculous, that's why the opinion of black people will never change as long as someone is trying to capitalize off the negative segments of our society!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ms Kenesha, you are absolutely right. I'm going to compose a letter via e-mail and let you know their reply.

Now as far as Michael Jackson goes <font color="red"> (how did this thread get hijacked anyway? /images/graemlins/confused.gif) </font color> I am the biggest and I mean BIGGEST Janet Jackson fan, but if Janet started looking like a Japanese cartoon character (like her brother) then I would have to put aside my feelings and agree that the picture is not quite right.

Robin41

Ha, ha, ha!! That's funny! I wasn't expecting that - thanks, AmilLion.

Nothing wrong with a little controversy. I like reading everyone's different opinions on things - even when we argue, it's cool. I don't think anybody's really taking it to heart. I'm sure it wasn't Crysdon's intention in starting this thread, but I enjoyed it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Okay. When I saw my name is "reply to:" section, I thought you singled me out as the one who changed the subject. Sorry about the misunderstanding. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I think that we should write and complain to this company about their products and their marketing techniques.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a while back. I never got a response. I guess they are too busy big balling...
[email protected]

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
People are like pegs in the ground, pegs that want to be a little higher than the others. Instead of achieving something themselves and raising their stake, they decide to pound THE OTHER pegs down into the dirt. No, it doesn't actually make YOU any higher, but it does give the illusion that you're higher and better. It makes my blood boil to see people actually saying things like "you're not black", then swellin' up with the certain knowledge that you are one.

I won't argue any further. This man has been criticized into the ground by the very people who previously clapped at his achievements. I don't know if I would have that sort of strength, for I respect him for his integrity.
You claim some sort of patriotic indignation (racial, religious, or whatever kind of "patriotism") to hide the fact that you're busibodies who love to gossip. It's easy to peck on others based on nothing but speculation, but I will pray, Missus Blkmane, that you develop the wisdom to pluck out your own planks.

May there be someone as uninformed, unmerciful, vindictive, and judgemental as you are to kick you in the ribs when the time is opportune.

pebbles

You claim some sort of patriotic indignation (racial, religious, or whatever kind of "patriotism") to hide the fact that you're busibodies who love to gossip. It's easy to peck on others based on nothing but speculation, but I will pray, Missus Blkmane, that you develop the wisdom to pluck out your own planks.

May there be someone as uninformed, unmerciful, vindictive, and judgemental as you are to kick you in the ribs when the time is opportune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey Vibe,

Why??? I am at a loss for words. Why would you address anyone on this forum in this manner just because they don't share your views? You call others expressing their views unmerciful and judgemental? Where is the mercy in your responses? Go back and re- read your posts and pretend someone was saying those things to you. Would you even want to try to understand what they were saying? Make your point without attacking people personally. It's o.k to disagree about something, but there is no need to be insulting, especially when no-one was talking about you to begin with. The comments were made about MJ, not you.

When you start telling people that they're ignorant, busy- bodies, vindictive, uninformed, etc., you put them on the defensive and you're point is lost. It isn't even polite to address people you don't know in that manner.

BlkMane

Posted by Honey Vibe: </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

HoneyVibe-

You apparently have issues that go way beyond this discussion about Michael Jackson. I give up. I was just expressing MY OPINION as last time I checked I lived in the United States where I'm free to do just that. I would hate to live in a land ruled by you...I guess I would be hanged.

Girl, go do some yoga--relieve some stress. You have too much negative energy in your soul.

I don't see how stating facts makes me uninformed, unmerciful, vindictive, and judgemental--I think the people that really KNOW me would beg to differ.

I don't agree with your thoughts on MJ, but I would never wish ill will to you. It saddens me that you took this little "back and forth" dialogue about MJ so personally.

I knew that there were some fanatical folks out there, but COME ON! You scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.