Once you start praying for members all heck breaks loose

Country gal

Has anyone noticed that once Pebbs went strong this year with praying for the board that this site has gone crazy with drama? Sometimes when the devil knows you are close to receiving your blessings he will truly test you. Maybe we are going through a test. Maybe we are now seeing the true personalities of members that have been hiding behind a facade.

TigerLily

Oh YES I've noticed!!!! :lol: When people start praying, the truth ALWAYS comes to light. Always. I believe that everything will be alright, though. The important thing is: when the fire gets hot, DON'T STOP PRAYING!!! It's tempting to give up and say, 'well, things were much better BEFORE I started praying, now I'm being killed!" but, KEEP PRAYING, YA'LL!!!!

BAILEYSCREAM

sbaker said:
Has anyone noticed that once Pebbs went strong this year with praying for the board that this site has gone crazy with drama? Sometimes when the devil knows you are close to receiving your blessings he will truly test you. Maybe we are going through a test. Maybe we are now seeing the true personalities of members that have been hiding behind a facade.

SBaker,

Maybe you're right!

People's true personalities always shine through. So maybe the prayers are bringing the worms out of the woodworks.;):lol: :lol:

Last edited:

pebbles

sbaker said:

So you've noticed!! :lol: Let me tell you, the enemy hates prayer. Why? Because prayer changes us, it changes things, it changes our circumstances, and it changes our environment. The enemy can't reside where it lives, so he has to cause some trouble and kick up his heels to see if he can discourage you by depressing you further. This is how he works! And the battle is far from over. I'm getting ready to go on a 50 day fast, from Easter Sunday to Pentacost Sunday. Hang on to your hair ladies, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

That's why I say to my sisters all the time that when it gets tough, that's when you have to pray harder. When GOD is moving you forward, He has to remove somethings and some people away from you. Make no mistake, we are involved in spiritual warfare and that's why the enemy is so angry. But through it all, GOD is still good and HIS daughters will come out of this in one piece and blessed for their continued faith and trust in HIM! Keep praying and keep praising! :clap:

Blossssom

pebbles said:
That's why I say to my sisters all the time that when it gets tough, that's when you have to pray harder. When GOD is moving you forward, He has to remove somethings and some people away from you. Make no mistake, we are involved in spiritual warfare and that's why the enemy is so angry. But through it all, GOD is still good and HIS daughters will come out of this in one piece and blessed for their continued faith and trust in HIM! Keep praying and keep praising! :clap:

*nodding my head vigorously* :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
pebbles said:
So you've noticed!! :lol: Let me tell you, the enemy hates prayer. Why? Because prayer changes us, it changes things, it changes our circumstances, and it changes our environment. The enemy can't reside where it lives, so he has to cause some trouble and kick up his heels to see if he can discourage you by depressing you further. This is how he works! And the battle is far from over. I'm getting ready to go on a 50 day fast, from Easter Sunday to Pentacost Sunday. Hang on to your hair ladies, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

I totally agree! :yep:

webby

Think Slim
sbaker said:
50 day fast :eek: I am trying to do a ten day one. Why, Pebbs! Is it a liquid fast?
Sbaker, I was just about to call you out to ask if you decided whether or not to fast. When did you start?

webby

Think Slim
sbaker said:

I didn't connect the drama to Pebbles praying. I just thought it was due to people being unhappy with changes to the board. However, I do know that when someone becomes serious about their faith, mayhem usually follows. Satan is always busy.

pebbles

sbaker said:
50 day fast :eek: I am trying to do a ten day one. Why, Pebbs! Is it a liquid fast?

LOL! :lol: The Bishop of my church has called a fast for the entire church. For those in ministry it will consist of water, fruits, whole wheat bread, vegetables, salads, and proteins. No rice, no junk food, no juice, no coffee, no cookies, no candy, etc. :cry3: LOL! He calls a fast every year around this time, but this is the longest fast we're doing as a corporate body.

I have a lot to fast for. Aside from my church and my family, I'm also fasting for the women of this forum, as a whole. I'm believing God for change in my sister's lives and for peace on this forum. I'm doing it with my whole heart, and I'm praying for breakthrough's in all areas of the lives of the women of this forum. I know blessings of all types will come for them. :)

webby

Think Slim
pebbles said:
LOL! :lol: The Bishop of my church has called a fast for the entire church. For those in ministry it will consist of water, fruits, whole wheat bread, vegetables, salads, and proteins. No rice, no junk food, no juice, no coffee, no cookies, no candy, etc. :cry3: LOL! He calls a fast every year around this time, but this is the longest fast we're doing as a corporate body.

I have a lot to fast for. Aside from my church and my family, I'm also fasting for the women of this forum, as a whole. I'm believing God for change in my sister's lives and for peace on this forum. I'm doing it with my whole heart, and I'm praying for breakthrough's in all areas of the lives of the women of this forum. I know blessings of all types will come for them. :)
My mom is on the same fast with her church.

Lorraine

I think that we are seeing the true personalities of people. We have a great community here but we are pretty tactful in our responses to one another no matter the case. There is a way to be honest with someone without being insensitive, pointing the finger or throwing mud in their face. We do that here. Some people don't possess the skill of tact and if the words they write reveal who they are I'm happy it's finally out in the open. In the past, I would have been delighted to meet some of the people I correspond with on this board frequently but now I hesitate to share anything with them beyond my board user name. I have seen what boredom and unhappiness can do.

I say we pray for those who have decided to show us who they really are.

Country gal

It was a reminder to me that this is an internet board. I had gotten comfortable thinking that I know people but really I only know what they show. I am really hesitate now to share personal information anymore. In the thread that melodee started in which I had words with members. I pointed out that you have to be careful what you tell people in the confession thread. I had no idea that it would be a foreshadowing of things to come. Someone said well aren't the DC girls your friends. I so smartly said they are not my core. Sure I have a good time with them and hang out sometimes. My friends would never put my business out there like that when I made them mad. It seems that people are fickle on the internet. It's harder to judge their character because you only have words to go by. Actions to me always speak loud than words. Anyway the wind blows, will tell you their mood.

Lorraine said:
I think that we are seeing the true personalities of people. We have a great community here but we are pretty tactful in our responses to one another no matter the case. There is a way to be honest with someone without being insensitive, pointing the finger or throwing mud in their face. We do that here. Some people don't possess the skill of tact and if the words they write reveal who they are I'm happy it's finally out in the open. In the past, I would have been delighted to meet some of the people I correspond with on this board frequently but now I hesitate to share anything with them beyond my board user name. I have seen what boredom and unhappiness can do.

UmSumayyah

Lorraine said:

So if I see you in the Wegman's today you are going to turn around and walk away? :look: j/k. It's good to remember that we don't know everyone, and even though the helpful and kind people read threads about our personal problems, the bitter and spiteful people do too. It always hurts me to see people taunting others about the problems they have come to the board with to get help. :nono:

AnnDriena_

I'm sorry someone threw your words or confession out there as an insult. But you are right and I'm glad you are seeing the light earlier instead of later. There are people who are going to be your friend just fine when they agree with you but then turn on you as soon as they so much as sense an attack. I pray people will have discernment when they need someone to talk to because sometimes you just have to let things out but I wouldn't want it to come back and be used against me. That's why I don't give out any personal info beyond stories and incidents and even then I have to make sure I'm fine with it being known.:ohwell:

webby

Think Slim
sbaker said:
It was a reminder to me that this is an internet board. I had gotten comfortable thinking that I know people but really I only know what they show. I am really hesitate now to share personal information anymore. In the thread that melodee started in which I had words with members. I pointed out that you have to be careful what you tell people in the confession thread. I had no idea that it would be a foreshadowing of things to come. Someone said well aren't the DC girls your friends. I so smartly said they are not my core. Sure I have a good time with them and hang out sometimes. My friends would never put my business out there like that when I made them mad. It seems that people are fickle on the internet. It's harder to judge their character because you only have words to go by. Actions to me always speak loud than words. Anyway the wind blows, will tell you their mood.
Being mindful of what you say to anyone is something that I keep in the back of my head. What we share with friends, becomes fuel for fire when our friendship is tested.

For this very reason, I select my friends carefully. Those closest to us know where to find our achilles.

TigerLily

sbaker said:

Exactly! That goes for real life as well as the internet!

Country gal

I definitely am very selective in real life about who I surrond myself with. However I have been here for about 2 years and some months. So your comfort level starts to increase after reading some many posts. You start to associate this quality with certain members. After some recent events, I am not going to say I dislike people now but I no longer can say so and so won't do that. I can't say oh X person would never do that because I don't see X in enough situations to make that statement. I just wish that things could have panned out differently this past month because now people don't feel free to speak their minds, don't feel free to share their stories as much, don't feel they have a voice. I was creating a new thread and cancelled it out. :ohwell: I thought oh this is too personal and I don't want it to come back to haunt me.

syze6

Did I miss something? What happened on the forum. I have found the forum to consist of beautiful intelligent women, whom I share openly with. Did something happen that I'm not aware of to change the environment?

webby

Think Slim
syze6 said:
Did I miss something? What happened on the forum. I have found the forum to consist of beautiful intelligent women, whom I share openly with. Did something happen that I'm not aware of to change the environment?

In my opinion, those who missed "it" are the fortunate. Parting of the ways, is never a pleasant experience. Maybe someone can PM you, as to prevent the perpetuation of recent events.

phynestone

What you guys are describing is exactly how I feel at this point! Ever since I rededicated myself to Christ, my life has been in turmoil. It's as if Satan has sent everyone and their mothers to come and tempt me. As soon as I forget to have quiet time one day, problems come out of the woodworks. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

slwe415

pebbles said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pebbles

19sweetie said:
What you guys are describing is exactly how I feel at this point! Ever since I rededicated myself to Christ, my life has been in turmoil. It's as if Satan has sent everyone and their mothers to come and tempt me. As soon as I forget to have quiet time one day, problems come out of the woodworks. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Please stay in prayer. Don't let the enemy keep you from praying! :)

Would someone pls send me a PM with what happened. I understand not wanting to rehash negativity but I am very curious. If noone wants to..its ok as well.

GoingBack

Pebbles, are you of the AME faith? I noticed that you said that you had a bishop, however I know that other faiths do as well.

sterry

hello Ladies,
I an not sure of what happened on the board....but this is not important.

I will say that will Satan knows you are doing what God wants you to he tries every means to get is toe in the door, then his foot, his leg....and so on.

I pray with my daughters everyday to be strong and stay true to God.
Not to walk hand and hand with Satan I say. When we pray at night Satan tries everway possible to disrupt what we are doing. But, I cast him out!