I stopped praying for a husband and I’m now praying…

Kinkyhairlady

For confidence and for God to teach me how to love myself no matter what flaws I have. I think this is the problem that many single Christian women face in regards to finding a mate. They want the whole package but they either are not the whole package or don’t believe they are. Now lets face it… it’s hard enough to get a good educated, successful, handsome, drama free man but add Christian to it and it is almost impossible. People used to think I was conceited growing up but I just think it was my insecurities that made it seem that way so I toned it down. Over the years I felt as a Christian I should not be too confident in fear whatever that is giving me pride would be taken away from me. Now I’m realizing I only hurt myself when I don’t take pride in myself. If God is the one who blessed me with something I should be proud and thankful.
I sometimes fear if I found the perfect man that he would not be happy with me or that I am not good enough for a good man that has all the qualities I listed above. I hate these thoughts but I can’t seem to shrug them off. Now I am just praying to God to help me be proud of the women I have become and not care what others may perceive me as. I think once I get to that point that Mr. Right will notice me first because I will be busy loving me and not looking for him. What do you ladies think of this theory?

LucieLoo12

I said you better ppreeaacch! :amen::amen::amen:..

I am a single sister(over 4 years) as well...and its nothing wrong with your mind set. If you want the best you got to be the best. I just mentioned in another thread that I do believe that God is preparing my mate for me, but Im not going around looking for him and thinking that every man I see is "The one"..He will find me..You are right! He will notice you..you dont have to dress sexy or wear alot of make up to be seen, but He will notice your godly character and the Spirit of God in you , is what He will be drawn to..

And its not cocky to be proud of your self. God said that we are virtuous and our price is far above rubies!! You have to know your worth because then you will know to just not settle for anything...We dont define our worth by wordly standards, or by the women on the magazine covers, but by the word of God.

When you tell people you not looking for a husband, they think you bitter, mad, gay etc....but I tell them im not either of those..IM CONTENT..God will bless me in due time.. and its nothing wrong with desiring marriage, but I wont sulk around because Im not.Im learning of God, and He is making me and molding. I will wait on Him..

Amen to this post!

nathansgirl1908

I think you're on the right track. But I also think you should be careful that this is not still a roundabout way of praying for a man. Your prayer should be acceptance of yourself with no expectation that in getting to that point it will mean Mr. Right will come. This way it really is about YOU and building yourself and not this theory of "working on myself for my future husband."