ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY

growinglong777

Well I just want to thank all you beautiful ladies, I am transitioning, and one year post relaxer, and attempting to go two years. I could never have done it without this board. I have made several trims and my siggy pic is my one year post relaxer. I set my hair with mesh rollers and I am very pleased how my hair came out. Thanks to you all from the bottom of my heart.:

Last edited:

growinglong777

I actually shampooed with Joico chelating poo, and then hennaed my hair, with Jamila henna mixed with indigo. I washed out with Tressemme Curls moisturizer, deep conditioned with Joico moisture conditioner under the dryer for half an hour. I used Knot today leave in conditioner, and then rollerset with heavily diluted lottabody, mixed with Chi Silk Infusion, distilled water and Knot today leave in conditioner. Sat under my Pibbs Dryer for hour and a half. After drying I combed my hair, followed my moisturizing and sealing with Darcys Madagascar Vanilla Creme and Coconut oil.

laurend

Your hair looks thicker. Are you in the 4 range or 3 range? Are you going to do twists, wash and go's or just straight styles when you are fully natural?

growinglong777

It is much thicker, probably because of the henna and a lot of new growth. Right now I have curls in my hair from flexirods. I plan on doing wash n' go's in the summer.. But since it is cooler now and very low humidity, I will continue with rollersets and flexirod sets. I never could give my hair a typing. My new growth is so much healthier and fuller and my hair straightens pretty easy with rollersets. The crown of my hair is the coarsest, so the rollerset has to be really pulled tight to straighten it. I think that lottabody, CHi serum and conditioner mix helps a ton. I plan on buying a flat iron as soon as I can, so I can start mastering wearing my hair straighter for the winter.

growinglong777

With the weather much cooler and lower humidity, it will last a week. I like to wash weekly so, I will only keep my rollersets weekly.

growinglong777

I think using Jamila henna once a month, and the cocktail drink talked about on this board is helping, but my new growth is so much thicker and healthier. My high intake of protein is probably really helping too. Oatmeal, protein shakes, turkey, salmon, chicken breast daily helps too.