Opinion on purchasing a Pibbs professional dryer

Divake22

The other thread made me want one--thinking about getting one for a long time.

What do you all think? Is this a good purchase?

Pibbs Kwik Dry Hooded Dryer

View larger image

Browse all...
Hair Bonnet Dryersdefault_image[12] = new Array();if (document.getElementById('det_img_12')) {default_image[12]['src'] = document.getElementById('det_img_12').src;}if (document.getElementById('detailed_href1_12')) {default_href[12] = document.getElementById('detailed_href1_12').href;}default_image[12]['width'] = '80';default_image[12]['height'] = '116';default_image[12]['alt'] = '';
Item Code: BUR-P-514

Our Price: $349.95 Unfortunately this combination is not accessable
Availability: In Stock (Ships within 24 Hrs)

All items are brand new and factory fresh.

Your Qty: Add to Cart
Shipping Rates

Features:
  • This Pibbs professional hooded hair dryer has 1000 watts.
  • Upright dryer stand has adjustable height control with tilting head for multiple positions.
  • Because of the high airflow this item is to be used with a hair net.
  • Flip top visor. Caster wheel base.
  • Timer and heat control knobs.
  • Guaranteed to dry 1/3 faster than others.
  • Made in Italy.
  • One year Pibbs warranty.

Kacie

I just came from Sally's to check on the price of this dryer. It's $309 plus tax. I want this dryer so bad.

lisana

I think macheriamour has this and likes it a lot. I want one someday, but the price is redarndiculous!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Girl you know the Pibbs is a good one, go on and treat yourself and your hair to that dryer, and Sareca seems to have the best price I've seen for it so go with her link and use the extra money to buy some conditioner and treatments. :D

ellebelle88

Wow...I really can't justify spending $350.00 on a hair dryer when there are others that do the same job (maybe not as great). But I have seen people achieve great results with hairdryers under $50 but hell.... girl if YOU got the money and want it, do you! Don't let anyone tell you how to spend your hard-earned cash!!!!!!

I mean, I did shell out $130 for a flat iron, so....

~*~ShopAholic~*~

:lol: , see it all really boils down to what you really want and just got to have. My dryer was on Ebay for about $150 but in the end I only paid $75 for it, God is good! But the retail value for it was $300. :p
ljbee said:
Wow...I really can't justify spending $350.00 on a hair dryer when there are others that do the same job (maybe not as great). But I have seen people achieve great results with hairdryers under $50 but hell.... girl if YOU got the money and want it, do you! Don't let anyone tell you how to spend your hard-earned cash!!!!!!

Divake22

ljbee said:

Just bought it...never thought I would see the day that I would spend $350 on a hair dryer! LOL. I really do hate my table top ION hard bonnet. I have been wanting a professional hair dryer for a while. So, I do see it as an investment, spent as much on hair products. Hopefully, it will get here before my movers come.

OK...no more products/equipment for at least a year.:eek:

LovelyLionessa

^^^I've got a table top Ion dryer too, and today I saw a Babybliss Professional dryer for $199 similar to the Pibbs. I think I'm gonna get it since rollersetting is so my thing.

Blackoutzangel05

I am saving for this dryer. Right now my hair is so short that I don't need it but when its gets longer and I start doing my rollersets more frequently I am going to need it and therefore I am going to spend on it. It will be my gift to myself or on my christmas list for the hubby to get.

bajanplums1

I did not want to spend Pibbs money. So I got the Pro Tools. The results were phenomenal. The Pro-Tools is $150.

coconow2007

Divake22 said:
The other thread made me want one--thinking about getting one for a long time.

What do you all think? Is this a good purchase?

View larger image

Browse all...
Hair Bonnet Dryersdefault_image[12] = new Array();if (document.getElementById('det_img_12')) {default_image[12]['src'] = document.getElementById('det_img_12').src;}if (document.getElementById('detailed_href1_12')) {default_href[12] = document.getElementById('detailed_href1_12').href;}default_image[12]['width'] = '80';default_image[12]['height'] = '116';default_image[12]['alt'] = '';
Item Code: BUR-P-514

Our Price: $349.95 Unfortunately this combination is not accessable
Availability: In Stock (Ships within 24 Hrs)

All items are brand new and factory fresh.

Your Qty: Add to Cart
Shipping Rates

Features:
  • This Pibbs professional hooded hair dryer has 1000 watts.
  • Upright dryer stand has adjustable height control with tilting head for multiple positions.
  • Because of the high airflow this item is to be used with a hair net.
  • Flip top visor. Caster wheel base.
  • Timer and heat control knobs.
  • Guaranteed to dry 1/3 faster than others.
  • Made in Italy.
  • One year Pibbs warranty.

I bought this the other day and should have it delivered in 2 weeks - I can't wait I think this is a good investment:)

chayil0427

I have the Pibbs and it's awesome. Great temperature variation, huge hood, and dries ultra quick even on a cool setting.

I use my Pibbs all the time for rollersets and deep conditioning treatments. It's worth every dime.

I got mine at www.salonequipmentusa.com

Chayil

ellebelle88

chayil0427 said:
I have the Pibbs and it's awesome. Great temperature variation, huge hood, and dries ultra quick even on a cool setting.

I use my Pibbs all the time for rollersets and deep conditioning treatments. It's worth every dime.

I got mine at www.salonequipmentusa.com

Chayil

Sounds lovely, but I'd need a bit more than that to spend over $300 on one. So someone please enlighten me. If it really is that good, I may start saving soon. LOL.

seraphim712

Not to change the subject on the Pibbs hair dryer. But I went to the site that Sareca provided and saw something called hair steamers. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A HAIR STEAMER AND WHAT DOES IT DO???

BTW my stylist said the best way to get one of these dryers for cheap is to look for a beaty salon that is going out of business and is selling their equiptment on discount. It's possible that you'll get it for half the price then...

sareca

seraphim712 said:
Not to change the subject on the Pibbs hair dryer. But I went to the site that Sareca provided and saw something called hair steamers. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS A HAIR STEAMER AND WHAT DOES IT DO???

BTW my stylist said the best way to get one of these dryers for cheap is to look for a beaty salon that is going out of business and is selling their equiptment on discount. It's possible that you'll get it for half the price then...

That steamer is gonna be my christmas gift. :yep: Hair steamers help conditioners, color, henna (or whatever) penetrate into the hair and they help moisturize the hair. I use steam as a regular part of my regimen. I either use caruso rollers, the steam shot on my maxiglide, or a wrap a steaming hot towel around my head for pre-poos.

I think VWVixxen has a professional steam that she loves.

seraphim712

sareca said:
That steamer is gonna be my christmas gift. :yep: Hair steamers help conditioners, color, henna (or whatever) penetrate into the hair and they help moisturize the hair. I use steam as a regular part of my regimen. I either use caruso rollers, the steam shot on my maxiglide, or a wrap a steaming hot towel around my head for pre-poos.

I think VWVixxen has a professional steam that she loves.

I plan to purchase caruso rollers in the future. How does your hair turn out after use?

MrsHouston

bajanplums1 said:
I did not want to spend Pibbs money. So I got the Pro Tools. The results were phenomenal. The Pro-Tools is $150.

Actually that picture of your Pro-Tools dryer looks just like my Pibbs 514 (BTW I ordered it from Sally's too) Does it have an upward flow just like the Pibbs?

shunta

Hmm...if I were you, Id definitely invest in one, but I personally wouldnt pay this much for one. I have a professional dryer from Sallys that cost $179.00. Its the ones that most salons have, but not a Pibbs. I think you can find a good professional hooded dryer at a more decent price IMO.:ohwell:

Tee

shunta said:
Hmm...if I were you, Id definitely invest in one, but I personally wouldnt pay this much for one. I have a professional dryer from Sallys that cost $179.00. Its the ones that most salons have, but not a Pibbs. I think you can find a good professional hooded dryer at a more decent price IMO.:ohwell:

how is your drying time with yours Shunta?

sareca

I plan to purchase caruso rollers in the future. How does your hair turn out after use?

Soft and bouncy, but not as straight as a rollerset. I flat iron or press my hair then use the caruso curlers. I've never tried them on wet hair.

Last edited:

ItsyBitsy

Shunta, I just left Sallys and they have the Conair Pro Rollabout Dryer on sale for $99. Is this the one you have?

seymone

Okay Ladies,

I did some leg work. Pibbs 508 Dry Fast is the same as the pibbs Kwik dryer the only difference is that the 508 does not have a timer and it has a 100 watt difference, which I do not need because I have clocks at home and the more watts my blow my circuit at home.. (Old House). LOL The Pibbs 508 is 200 dollars ladies. I found both at a BSS by my home..

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

Okay Ladies,

I did some leg work. Pibbs 508 Dry Fast is the same as the pibbs Kwik dryer the only difference is that the 508 does not have a timer and it has a 100 watt difference, which I do not need because I have clocks at home and the more watts my blow my circuit at home.. (Old House). LOL The Pibbs 508 is 200 dollars ladies. I found both at a BSS by my home..

Seymone, let us know how this works for ya. I want to know what kind of results you get with this one and how long it takes to completely dry your hair. TIA

Desert Skye

I love the professional dryer I had. It was PRO tools and it looked just like the PIBBS but after having it for a good 3 years, it melted over the weeked...

I just came back from Sallys and plopped down 300 on a new PIBBS. Its ok because I loooove my rollersets.I feel so lost without a dryer right now...:sad: